Database

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Database

Postby rmartz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:51 am

jaybones wrote:I'm actually working on a .net program that will connect to online SQL database. The website would be access the same like http://charts.ascentextras.com/asteroids.php . But only you be able to see your info, unless you mark it public. The program will let you enter all info about system including planet info. I plan on letting you do asteroids searches from it with filters.

The Charts site already does all that. You just need to get an account and log in.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

jaybones

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:22 am

Postby jaybones » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:41 am

Does your host allow full ASP.NET or .net applications access to MS SQL and or MySQL?
I would be interested in building just the app instead of building both.
Your site don't let new members create an account. And the App would need more then just a user access..

Let me build a prototype and see what u think.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:39 pm

jaybones wrote:Does your host allow full ASP.NET or .net applications access to MS SQL and or MySQL?
I would be interested in building just the app instead of building both.
Your site don't let new members create an account. And the App would need more then just a user access..

Let me build a prototype and see what u think.

I use a LAMP server. Sorry.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:41 pm

jaybones wrote:Your site don't let new members create an account. And the App would need more then just a user access..

I add new users as they request.

It is not a game database, but a private database that we make available to those we know will help, support and be honorable with their data entry.
Check out RAM Memories.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Kambalo wrote:Is there a way for those who love exploration or otherwise to have a database in game of the systems you have discovered with notes about the planets on those systems where you have taken soil samples or have explored the asteroids fields?

to clarify the answer is no

some very good 3rd party stuff for soilsamples but as far as everything else it's up to you, Hopefully we get some ingame management tools in the future.

Yes this is poke for future game content wants.
Previous