Mining robots and multiolonies suggestions

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Mining robots and multiolonies suggestions

Postby Kambalo » Thu May 26, 2016 1:33 pm

I dont know what you think but I would love to see ships (the big ones) which are hard to maneuver to have the ability of having small mining robot ships that they can send out to harvest ores automatically or if you choose you can pilot one of them.

The other suggestion is the possibility of having more than one colony in a planet, since there are a lot of abandoned colonies, let the planets be used by more than 1 player.
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
User

raw1990

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu May 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Germany

Re: Mining robots and multiolonies suggestions

Postby raw1990 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Kambalo wrote:
The other suggestion is the possibility of having more than one colony in a planet, since there are a lot of abandoned colonies, let the planets be used by more than 1 player.

A planet is not limited to a single colony. They are actually quite large to hold many colonies.
User

raw1990

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu May 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Germany

Postby raw1990 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:41 pm

Kambalo wrote:I dont know what you think but I would love to see ships (the big ones) which are hard to maneuver to have the ability of having small mining robot ships that they can send out to harvest ores automatically or if you choose you can pilot one of them.

That can be cool :D
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun May 29, 2016 8:42 pm

Kambalo wrote:I dont know what you think but I would love to see ships (the big ones) which are hard to maneuver to have the ability of having small mining robot ships that they can send out to harvest ores automatically or if you choose you can pilot one of them.

I am not sure that JAM would be in favour of automated mining. He has made it clear that, for the most part, he wants the players to do the work. However, this is close to what I had envisioned using the Carrier for. The Carrier would transport other players in their smaller ships to a suitable asteroid field and there they could mine the asteroids and e-jump back with their load. An improvement would be if they could actually sell their load to the owner of the Carrier: transferring the cargo to the carrier. This could be of great benefit to both new players and the Carrier owner in need of resources.