New Terraforming Information

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Re: New Terraforming Information

Postby BoshingTong » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:21 pm

So what if I build the OSBs and then abandoned them?
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:36 pm

BoshingTong wrote:So what if I build the OSBs and then abandoned them?

This was being discussed in chat today. The general opinion was that the TF modules on abandoned OSBs would still function. The main reason being that if players left and their OSBs stopped functioning, the TF would fail. There was also an argument that once TF was established it would be permanent so the OSBs modules would no longer be needed.

But we do not know for certain what will happen.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Mooncrest wrote:

This was being discussed in chat today. The general opinion was that the TF modules on abandoned OSBs would still function. The main reason being that if players left and their OSBs stopped functioning, the TF would fail. There was also an argument that once TF was established it would be permanent so the OSBs modules would no longer be needed.

this is my main disagreement with Ram on using special mats that are consumed on an ongoing basis, think it would be potentially disastrous to use them then have them run out and fail the terraform.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Wulf wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:

this is my main disagreement with Ram on using special mats that are consumed on an ongoing basis, think it would be potentially disastrous to use them then have them run out and fail the terraform.

I would then like to pose a second question. If it does not work the way RAM thinks does that mean a Governor can turn off T/F, so a planet that was good is now not. That would be great power over the colonist.

User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:31 pm

BoshingTong wrote:I would then like to pose a second question. If it does not work the way RAM thinks does that mean a Governor can turn off T/F, so a planet that was good is now not. That would be great power over the colonist.

What Wulf was talking about was my request to use Deuterium to double the output of fusion power supplies. This would mean we only needed 10 per emitter/shield/grav generator instead of 20, but we would have to keep deut in the warehouse to be consumed just like we do uranium now. With the same consumption rate as uranium, it would not be real hard to keep it in the terraforming colonies/OSB.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:38 pm

I like the idea of using Deuterium. It is freely available, literally, and if the warehouse does run out the effect, over all, will not be difficult to compensate for, especially if people set up buy orders for it at their SM. A 1 to 20 ratio does seem a little excessive to me and if we can reduce that by the use of a material, such as deuterium, then that would ne a nice touch. it also gives us a reason to skim for Deuterium.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:57 am

Still want to know if the governor can make the planet uninhabitable?

no avatar
User

Seeker5

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Postby Seeker5 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:05 am

Yes I also support the use of Deuterium to double the output of fusion power supplies so we have 10:1.

Keeping up stock in an OSB should not be a big issue :D
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:26 am

hahaha
I am not opposed at all to a solution to the excessive power requirements, I am just very concerned that if we press Jam to use a rare mat ,or any consumable for that matter, then we risk having a power outage that would effect the emitters. thus putting the planet out of terraform norms. So if Jam confirms that once a planet is terraformed then you can scape the terraforming items, then great, press for a consumable to help with power. if not then I think it inevitable that planets will fall out of 'being within habitable range' requirements.

personally I am not concerned with terraforming we have lots of room on lots of terraformed worlds, those on dome worlds generally have the dome colonies set up long ago or those that go there are there for the dome challenge.

I would much rather see effort to make colonies 'work' both internally and planet wide. they just kinda sit there and don't do much but lose money. where is the interplanetary npc traders, independent colonies, other settlements, independent demand and the contracts to go with them, military bases, pirate trading posts from abandoned colonies, the hover crafts just to mention a few things.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:24 am

Mooncrest wrote:
BoshingTong wrote:Does having more than one give better than a .00004 change

davh62 has established that 11 sites gives 108% effectiveness. we have 9 sites at Eldorado and are getting 100% effectiveness:

Radiation Supply: 0.006716RAD distributed from 9 sites 0.06716 effective

rmartz wrote:Free standing as long as it is in grav lock of the planet. I have a couple like this now.

OK. I'll build two more OSBs. This will avoid my manufacturing OSB getting to big to render quickly.

We have 12 sites with 111.39% effectiveness. I am trying to work out the formula, but am not seeing it yet. We may have to get some more readings as a new TF steps up in sites.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
PreviousNext