New Terraforming Information

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: New Terraforming Information

Postby rmartz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:36 am

BoshingTong wrote:I would then like to pose a second question. If it does not work the way RAM thinks does that mean a Governor can turn off T/F, so a planet that was good is now not. That would be great power over the colonist.

This is what I am finding:

With the slider on 0% on the first image, it drops the rad to the starting level. WHen I slide it to 99%, it raises it up to the bottom image number. This suggests to me that the Governor could drop all devices to 0% and basically turn off all terraforming devices. I suspect if a governor did that to a completely terraformed planet, he would find himself voted out soon, or the planet abandoned and full of pirates. Well, the pirate thing is a hopeful. :lol:
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Jam dropped by global today and we talked a little terraforming.

Temp will be a by product of rad and atmo.

Atmo adjustment will be done with algae. We will have algae tanks that will make the algae then it will be released into the oceans or ice. It will not work with a planet without either.

We will be able to haul in atmo, but this is a MASSIVE task.

Jam suggested that we give moral boost to partially terraformed worlds, so if you work on rad and grav, but have no atmo, you can still get a benefit from it. I like this idea because it does encourage new players to colonize a world in the process since they will get a bonus vs a world that no one is improving.

We will have to wait to see the numbers. I suspect it will be a sliding bonus as more gets done. We will have to see how things progress.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:34 pm

rmartz wrote:Jam dropped by global today and we talked a little terraforming.

Temp will be a by product of rad and atmo.

Atmo adjustment will be done with algae. We will have algae tanks that will make the algae then it will be released into the oceans or ice. It will not work with a planet without either.

We will be able to haul in atmo, but this is a MASSIVE task.

Jam suggested that we give moral boost to partially terraformed worlds, so if you work on rad and grav, but have no atmo, you can still get a benefit from it. I like this idea because it does encourage new players to colonize a world in the process since they will get a bonus vs a world that no one is improving.

We will have to wait to see the numbers. I suspect it will be a sliding bonus as more gets done. We will have to see how things progress.

Oh no's! Well looks like ferrite is a non starter :shock: :D
What did you mean by no atmo partial Ram? Please elaborate is it's lost on me.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

South Korea

Postby BoshingTong » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 pm

There has to be away to make atmo. I have suggested that garbage burning plants could release toxic gas that could be altered by algae. Hauling tons of gas is impractical. The fact that aliens could do it says we can to at some point by some method.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:16 pm

hi all...o/

ok...so the question I have is...How MUCH gas needs to be hauled in for the lowest level of algae transformation?

Over the next several months (years?...lol) I plan to attempt to find the answer to this question for Ferrum. I'll let you all know when gases begin to register in ships computer, and hopefully, when algae begins to feed on them.

Right now it seems that all planets that register gases return a lower sensitivity and higher total pressure than will be required to begin the algae growth process without hauling in the extreme amounts that make this endeavor very hard and time comnsuming. If this turns out to be true I would ask for Jam to raise the monitoring device sensitivity so that we may begin to see trace amounts, and be able to work with them.

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:42 am

I have just built a new dome on Eldorado, Miners Paradise. The Radiatipn Level indicated by the Dome Control Program at this dome reflects the adjusted Radiation Level we have achieved with our Terraforning Program for Eldorado. This level is 0.5215795. The Radiation Level as indicated by the Dome Control Programs of the domes that were built before terraforming started still reflect the original Radiation Level of the planet.

It would also appear that a Radiation Level of 0.5215795 is tolerable to life as the Dome Control Program rates this as 'Ok'.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Mooncrest wrote:I have just built a new dome on Eldorado, Miners Paradise. The Radiatipn Level indicated by the Dome Control Program at this dome reflects the adjusted Radiation Level we have achieved with our Terraforning Program for Eldorado. This level is 0.5215795. The Radiation Level as indicated by the Dome Control Programs of the domes that were built before terraforming started still reflect the original Radiation Level of the planet.

It would also appear that a Radiation Level of 0.5215795 is tolerable to life as the Dome Control Program rates this as 'Ok'.

This is good news. Here is the TF interface at ELDOrado:

I have adjusted to 100% before but it always reverts to 50% on the interface. Maybe the server side is holding the setting.

Here is it at 100%

Seems the numbers are off a little between planet and OSB. Will go to colony, reset a dome and see if it shows the new numbers.

Before the Dome Reset:

After reset:

Domes show new rad level.

This means existing domes do not have to be reset, but anything new sees the new rad level.

Here is the dome rsponse with just temp and atmo controls added after reset:

So once Algae is implemented, we will start the massive task of fixing the atmo.

We can hold on the rad emitters right now. We may get a few to add some as they drop new OSB to increase the effective levels in the future.
Check out RAM Memories.
no avatar
User

Sharky

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:45 am

Postby Sharky » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:52 am

Hi guys,
You've probably already worked this out but after playing with the dome settings a little 0.50 seems to be the lowest rad level that is "ok" which for future terraforming means you can build a few less emittors. For the rad to be "ideal-tropical" the lowest I could get to work was 0.95.
What I'm wondering is if any prior research has been done to see if there is any production difference between ok and ideal?
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Sharky wrote:Hi guys,
You've probably already worked this out but after playing with the dome settings a little 0.50 seems to be the lowest rad level that is "ok" which for future terraforming means you can build a few less emittors. For the rad to be "ideal-tropical" the lowest I could get to work was 0.95.
What I'm wondering is if any prior research has been done to see if there is any production difference between ok and ideal?

We had figured out the .5 but not the .95 for ideal. Thanks. Good info. There is no production difference presently between ok and ideal. Jam talked a long time ago about adding it later, but I would think with the list of things to do, that would not come in any time soon.
Check out RAM Memories.
no avatar
User

Sharky

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:45 am

Postby Sharky » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 am

Awesome thanks for clarifying :)
PreviousNext