New Terraforming Information

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Re: New Terraforming Information

Postby BoshingTong » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:11 am

Anyone tried to enhance one yet?
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

shathiell

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:03 am

Postby shathiell » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:20 am

davh62 wrote:I now have 15 Planetary grav buildings. They are altering gravity by 0.00001 each! So 15 are 0.00015.

Given the gravity is 1.434 on Ferrite I will need 40,340 to make the gravity fit for colonists!! :D

Wow, 40340 x 600 = 24204000 coils

This is the equivalent of approx 394LY gate system. Even if we pay 50,000cr per tonne of niob/tin, it is in excess of 1 trillion credits alone just for the niob/tin (Not even taking into account the prom)
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:20 am

BoshingTong wrote:Anyone tried to enhance one yet?

Not as yet Bosh, but it could make a huge difference to requirements.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:21 am

shathiell wrote:
davh62 wrote:I now have 15 Planetary grav buildings. They are altering gravity by 0.00001 each! So 15 are 0.00015.

Given the gravity is 1.434 on Ferrite I will need 40,340 to make the gravity fit for colonists!! :D

Wow, 40340 x 600 = 24204000 coils

This is the equivalent of approx 394LY gate system. Even if we pay 50,000cr per tonne of niob/tin, it is in excess of 1 trillion credits alone just for the niob/tin (Not even taking into account the prom)

:lol: Lets hope upclassing them helps
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Radiation emitters pointed down at Ferrite. http://prntscr.com/bdf5it
User

Yukon Sam

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Postby Yukon Sam » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:00 pm

"Lets hope upclassing them helps"

If it's the standard 10% per level for structures, a class 10 would only be twice as effective.

If they were to double per level like ship modules, that eases them back into reasonable territory... but I'm not holding my breath (well, actually, I am, because the atmosphere is still mostly methane). This was intended to be a system that made gates look like child's play... for negligible benefit, really, unless future enhancements accrue to terraformed worlds.

Any idea what happens if the systems go offline? Unless we can create a self-sustaining ecosphere, the departure of a single player could easily wreck multiple worlds and take months to repair, assuming we could repair it at all. A malicious player could deliberately de-terraform a shared world, and a selfish player could try to nudge the temperature at her colony's elevation into the ideal zone at the expense of colonies at other elevations and latitudes. It may be prudent to allow the planetary governor to "lock in" terraforming goals.
User

Worm

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Worm » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:33 pm

davh62 wrote:Given the gravity is 1.434 on Ferrite I will need 40,340 to make the gravity fit for colonists!! :D

well to be fair, the grav doesn't have to be 1.0 exactly to be usable does it? playing around with the dome settings should reveal the highest inhabitable grav.
Last edited by Worm on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Great information, but the grav generators should be adding to the gravity. if you want to reduce it, you need to build Orbital Grav Anchors I think.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Worm wrote:
well to fair, the grav doesn't have to be 1.0 exactly to be usable does it?

ElDorado/MP is 1.183 and is within acceptable norms. So, no, but it gives us a good target to aim for.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Yukon Sam wrote:It may be prudent to allow the planetary governor to "lock in" terraforming goals.

Good thought about upclassing. I had not thought of that yet. I will check that today.

I like the idea of Governor "managing" the TF. I am not sure if that will come together, but I see a number that the structures are producing and I see right after that 0 Effective. I am wondering if that might be part of that overall management. Like get everything ready, then make it effective all at once so domes do not have to be continually adjusted. I am just guessing and speculating. We will have to wait for the all powerful "J". I hear her is part alien and only cats can tolerate him for long. :lol:
Check out RAM Memories.
PreviousNext