A diffrent type of Contract Board

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Duke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm

A diffrent type of Contract Board

Postby Duke » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:00 am

What if we could offer contracts to other players. Lets say that I want 10 million iron at my OSB in star system Whatever, and I go to a contract board and put up a contract saying I'll pay for someone to deliver 10 M iron to my OSB. I would have to give a time limit for the contract (when it would be due by), what I'm willing to pay. and where I want it delivered. At the time I place the contract, the payoff for the contract is withdrawn from my account and held pending the completion or the contract expires.

So a player goes to a contract board to see what contracts are available. They see I'm offering 4 billion credits to have 10 M iron delivered to my OSB in 15 days. The player can then start looking for the closest sources of iron, is the iron at a colony or OSB, how may jumps away from the delivery site, and is this contract going to be worth it. They either buy the contract or pass it by. If they buy the contract, and complete the contract on or before the deadline they get their credits back for buying the contract and the 4 billion credits the contract offered. If they don't make the deadline the 'buy price' is forfeited and the contract payoff is returned to the player that offered the contract.

Lots of new players looking for ways to make credits so they can start building on their own. This would be a good way to get them to explore the systems that have been gated, learn the economy and trading within the game, cause some interaction between players, and a chance to make some credits.

Anyways, I was thinking.
Drunk Jedi Mining - Small Moons, Asteroids, and stationary Starships - we mine it all
1/5 th at a time
PROUD TO SUPPORT ASCENT
Senator: Ultima, Heavy Iron
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: A diffrent type of Contract Board

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:00 pm

I understand your request, however, this is what the Player's Stock Market should cover. Unfortunately, the high instance of inactive player's Buy Orders being listed when they are out of funds or out of warehouse space, has meant that new Players are put off selling to Player Stock Markets. Until Jam can fix this, you could use the Galactic Market section of this forum to advertise your requirements. As long as you have the funds and warehouse space and the price you are willing to pay is considered reasonable by potential hauliers, you should be able to get your material supplied. New Players just need to know that your Stock Market is a viable place to make a credit or two.

I know that this will not guarantee delivery of material within a time limit, but it will allow more than one player to work on the order. You could also promote the order with ads on the Trade Channel.

PS
You may want to contact darkwater. S/he is delivering lots of carbon o one of my stock markets...
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:00 pm

npc haulers (if u can get them to work) should be able to drag all the iron u want to your osb, currently i am trying to get mine to do just that but it's been a bit challenging.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:11 pm

I actually really like this idea but in a different scenario.
Coupled with a Guild ss! :D Sorry to keep harping on about it but.......
May help to retain player base & encourages player co-operation.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Duke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Postby Duke » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 am

Forever long ago I use to play WOW (yup, when it was the new game on the block) and I found some players that I could group up with and have some fun. Not long after that we all ended up in a guild, downloaded ventrilo, and started talking and gaming together. It lasted for several years and was fun. Many years later I am still trading emails with them, they are my friends.

The chat window is nice, but it allows for a very limited interaction. It was designed to allow simple communication between players, but chat windows do not make the game fun, doing things together does.

What is at the core of my idea is another way for players to interact with other players. It is the interaction that is the funnest part of the MMO game experience. We are not leveling characters, gathering weapons or armor, or building skills. So what do we do together as players? What do we have that will allow us to interact with other players, and most importantly - new players?

Until Jam gets the game to a place we can group up and go kill pirates, we are left with building and exploring. The more mechanisms that we have that allow players to interact, the more players will interact, have fun, and stay with the game.

How can I interact with other players while building my empire and exploring the universe? How can a new player trying to earn enough credits to buy a ship interact with established players in a manner that allows for both of them to be rewarded by the exchange. My idea was to allow them to make contracts with each other.

This game is at the early stages, and I'm just thinking of ways to get players involved with other players. Doing something together is more fun that doing it alone. Its all about making connections.

Its just me thinking at 3 in the morning.
Drunk Jedi Mining - Small Moons, Asteroids, and stationary Starships - we mine it all
1/5 th at a time
PROUD TO SUPPORT ASCENT
Senator: Ultima, Heavy Iron