GoFundMe.com/TheSpaceGame Feature Poll

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.

Which fix/Feature would we like to see addressed?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:15 pm

Stock Market Search - improved so it does not list inactive/nonfunctioning Stock Markets.
22%
Improve NPC pilot functionality. ie Recall Command for NPC Pilots.
10%
One button full Zoom Out - Hit 3 to zoom out fully at once.
2%
Build/remove starbase modules using coordinate system instead of manual placement.
20%
One button empty all from cargo.
No votes
A way to sell junk hulls/ships to "trash" or some such thing.
No votes
Allow repairs at any OSB.
7%
Fix Water bonus issue.
7%
Core Sampling Probes - This would mean we do not have to land and EVA to get soil samples.
22%
Autopilot Filter for Abandoned colonies/OSB - add a filter so these will not be listed if unwanted.
10%

Total votes : 41
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

GoFundMe.com/TheSpaceGame Feature Poll

Postby rmartz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Here is the list from the GoFundMe.com/TheSpaceGame thread.

It will run for 7 days. You can change your votes until the end of the poll, so feel free to campaign for the features you think best.

Also remember that these are just recommendations. Just because we vote something up, doesn't mean it will be added. If it is too big a change, or goes against Jam's vision, it can, and will be, rejected. This is just a way for us to consolidate our voices to help Hubes and Jam work at which feature can be addressed as a "Thank You" from Jam for the funds raised in the GoFundMe.com/TheSpaceGame fund raiser we are supporting.

Ultimately, we are not wanting to create more work, but support Jam in all this. So please be considerate as you vote and campaign. Consider what is best for the game.

Anyone with a forum account can vote. This is NOT restricted to those who have contributed to the GFM. This is a community action. All voices are welcome.

I had to reduce the list to 10 because the poll will only accept 10 items. Here are the ones I removed and why.

Guild Space Station and in game guild features. - This is a major feature addition and would be very hard to implement presently. Jam knows our wants here and can consider it outside the poll.

Add Thruster modules. This would be a pretty big feature addition that would require graphics and change the way cargo is handled. While a good idea, it has been requested before and rejected for these reasons.

Make the rocks age faster then slow down and change the size from growing every day to one size category a week. This has been discussed before and rejected at the present time. It may be something worth a separate thread and discuss it again.

Senators of a system being able to rename unsettled planets. This is something that may be worth discussing in its own thread also. While it sounds easy, there may be code issues and also someone might get upset if someone else renames, or someone could really create some issues naming planets without expending SC. This could be problematic.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Duke

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Re: GoFundMe.com/TheSpaceGame Feature Poll

Postby Duke » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:08 pm

Never mind, found my answer.
Last edited by Duke on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drunk Jedi Mining - Small Moons, Asteroids, and stationary Starships - we mine it all
1/5 th at a time
PROUD TO SUPPORT ASCENT
Senator: Ultima, Heavy Iron
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:43 am

Duke wrote:Anyway we can know who's votes have been counted?

Nope.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Postby Hubes » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:50 am

As much as I am a proponent of Guilds and Guild Bases, it makes sense to take it off the roster due to the size and nature of implementing it at this point.

All of these are great options and I imagine any would be welcomed by the majority. Since that leaves this more to personal preference I chose two options:

A: Stock Market Search
-We have all wanted a functional way to remove invalid entries in the SM search for some time and it would greatly increase our ability to maintain inter colony trade.

B: OSB module management via coordinates
-Building in large scale is a major part of some players' gameplay (like myself). Colonies can be built by dragging the cursor to place multiple buildings at once. OSBs however are much more tedious and have become even more difficult then they originally were do to updates in the game and such. Using a coordinate system would allow more players to enter the OSB construction part of the game, and enable builders like myself to enjoy that part of the game again.

These are just my own opinions and reasoning for my voting...please feel free to share your own thoughts.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:14 pm

Hubes wrote:As much as I am a proponent of Guilds and Guild Bases, it makes sense to take it off the roster due to the size and nature of implementing it at this point.

All of these are great options and I imagine any would be welcomed by the majority. Since that leaves this more to personal preference I chose two options:

A: Stock Market Search
-We have all wanted a functional way to remove invalid entries in the SM search for some time and it would greatly increase our ability to maintain inter colony trade.

B: OSB module management via coordinates
-Building in large scale is a major part of some players' gameplay (like myself). Colonies can be built by dragging the cursor to place multiple buildings at once. OSBs however are much more tedious and have become even more difficult then they originally were do to updates in the game and such. Using a coordinate system would allow more players to enter the OSB construction part of the game, and enable builders like myself to enjoy that part of the game again.

These are just my own opinions and reasoning for my voting...please feel free to share your own thoughts.

Good reasoning.

Just want to remind everyone that they can change their votes if they choose until the poll ends.

I choose Core Sampling Probes because I think it would really help the exploration side of the game. We are in so many sectors right now, yet few have actually been charted. I know we are missing some really good places. It takes me hours to survey one sector. There are thousands and thousands of sectors that we have actually entered. I think this feature could really drive the mid game feature of exploration.

My challenge, as I am sure for many of you, is I really want about 9 of these things in game. :lol:

***Addendum, I just found a 46% carbon geo5 world 20 ly from Apollo. We have missed many good places.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:23 pm

bump
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Poll runs till Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:15 am EST.

Vote early and often.

4 days left. This is getting exciting!
Check out RAM Memories.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:44 am

Phew! Got back just in time.

I'd like to see all of the options inplemented, but I have voted for two as a priority:

Fix Player Stock Market
If the Stock Market is fix this will reduce new player frustration with arriving at a location and not being able to sell their goods. This should help with player retention. Also it will make being a Trader/Haulier a more viable option for a career.

Add NPC Pilot Functionality
This should help players by allowing them to upgrade the ship their NPC Pilots are flying instead of just increasing the number of NPC Pilots to add bigger ships to their fleet. At the moment when a new ship class is releases we have no option but to increase the number of NPC Pilots in order to make use of the new ships. This has got to have an impact on the server. It also means that we have NPC Pilots stuck in small ships which is not avery effcient use of the NPC. Just being able to recall the NPC Pilot, claim back the ship and reassign the Pilot to a new ship would be a great benefit.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Mooncrest wrote:I'd like to see all of the options inplemented, but I have voted for two as a priority:

Ain't that the truth!!

The IronFist asked me the other day if I had a million dollar what would I do with it. I just assumed she had it. I have written a big check and getting it ready to mail. I am just waiting to see the deposit in my account first. :lol:

Until she stops laughing, we will have to depend on the GFM.

It has stagnated a bit of late.

I feel for Louie and fear he will have to eat regular cat food soon.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

Xanuri

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Postby Xanuri » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:05 pm

I will be adding to this again, in a few days! Just have to wait for my check to come in first!
The Dark Calling - High Councilor

If you have a Dark Calling, we are here in the Red Zone awaiting your arrival.
Next