Refresh Colony Cache

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

CastleRavenna

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:42 am

Refresh Colony Cache

Postby CastleRavenna » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 pm

I would like to see a button in the colony/OSB/ISB interface that would force a refresh of the cached data. I appreciate the use of the cache to minimize network traffic. I don't need updated information every time I visit a market. On the other hand, it adds nothing to my enjoyment of the game to have to find some module I can power off and on in order to see what my research state really is and know how many colonists I need to bring in.

As an alternative, forcing a refresh when I open the research panel would mean less change to the UI, and therefore less programming, and would serve the same purpose.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Refresh Colony Cache

Postby rmartz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:32 pm

CastleRavenna wrote:I would like to see a button in the colony/OSB/ISB interface that would force a refresh of the cached data. I appreciate the use of the cache to minimize network traffic. I don't need updated information every time I visit a market. On the other hand, it adds nothing to my enjoyment of the game to have to find some module I can power off and on in order to see what my research state really is and know how many colonists I need to bring in.

As an alternative, forcing a refresh when I open the research panel would mean less change to the UI, and therefore less programming, and would serve the same purpose.

I like the idea of a button or some such to do it besides cycling power on a building. Good idea.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Kheben

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 am

Postby Kheben » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:13 pm

has that button been made and i just cant find it?

Sry for resurrecting this 2y old post
User

Xanuri

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Postby Xanuri » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Kheben wrote:has that button been made and i just cant find it?

Sry for resurrecting this 2y old post

Not it has not!
The Dark Calling - High Councilor

If you have a Dark Calling, we are here in the Red Zone awaiting your arrival.