Npc's now move colonists from osb to colony hospitals

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: Npc's now move colonists from osb to colony hospitals

Postby davh62 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:23 pm

rastilion wrote:Two additional pieces of info, straight from IRC:

<jam> they won't migrate but they should start making use of treatment one trade hop away

<jam> in some instances it might take 48 hours to kick in not 24
<jam> but if there's a trader between them there should be some result
<jam> although there needs to be enough passenger cabins total to carry people

Great thanks for the update Rast.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:55 pm

:mrgreen: Very good thread davh .. A lot of interesting information about this subject. :)
no avatar
User

shathiell

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:03 am

Postby shathiell » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:18 am

This is pretty cool and will open the way up for colonist migration in the future so make sure they are happy and all their needs are met or else they may leave your colony for greener pastures :D

I'd love this to be extended into a tourism game mechanic as well, however unsure if that will ever occur.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Postby Hubes » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:37 am

I built another mat of hospitals in Nexus City in Haven. The manufacturing OSB in Haven has almost 2 million colonists so will need quite a lot. I have 10 NPC Levs on order that will be outfitted with CL18PQs

It will take time to get it all running...mainly due to the time to build the ships...but once it's up and running it should handle the load and will likely set the precedent for large-scale hospital coverage of an OSB...I hope at least, lol.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:13 am

Hubes wrote:I built another mat of hospitals in Nexus City in Haven. The manufacturing OSB in Haven has almost 2 million colonists so will need quite a lot. I have 10 NPC Levs on order that will be outfitted with CL18PQs

It will take time to get it all running...mainly due to the time to build the ships...but once it's up and running it should handle the load and will likely set the precedent for large-scale hospital coverage of an OSB...I hope at least, lol.

It doesn't seem like the colony needs mroe hospitals. it seems like it is dependent on PQ of NPC ships visiting between the OSB and a colony 1 jump away.

You will not see an uptick in Morale at the OSB until the OSB Hospital % goes above 25%. YOu can find that number hovering over the EC or use the Colony Analyzer.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Hubes

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 am

Postby Hubes » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:47 pm

rmartz wrote:
Hubes wrote:I built another mat of hospitals in Nexus City in Haven. The manufacturing OSB in Haven has almost 2 million colonists so will need quite a lot. I have 10 NPC Levs on order that will be outfitted with CL18PQs

It doesn't seem like the colony needs mroe hospitals. it seems like it is dependent on PQ of NPC ships visiting between the OSB and a colony 1 jump away.

You will not see an uptick in Morale at the OSB until the OSB Hospital % goes above 25%. YOu can find that number hovering over the EC or use the Colony Analyzer.

Right, but according to Jam the hospitals have to be able to cover both the population of the colony -and- the OSB. For a small OSB it's no big deal, but when the OSB's population exceeds the population of the colony itself...yeah...you're going to need more hospitals, lol. In this case we're talking about changing from covering 1.5 million to 3.3 million colonists...quite a substantial change.
Founder of the Trade Guild

Two Term Colonial President

Owner of Planet Martine

Senator of Haven, Aptic, Hyde, Boraash, Raxia, Nexus, Nespia, and Altia systems
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:12 pm

Hubes wrote:Right, but according to Jam the hospitals have to be able to cover both the population of the colony -and- the OSB. For a small OSB it's no big deal, but when the OSB's population exceeds the population of the colony itself...yeah...you're going to need more hospitals, lol. In this case we're talking about changing from covering 1.5 million to 3.3 million colonists...quite a substantial change.

This could be true, but I am seeing no affect of that as of yet. Will watch closer.
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:37 pm

An interesting observation:

All my OSBs now have at least Hospitals 60%, up from 0%; even the one that is 100ly from the nearest of my colonies and is in an ungated system. Healthcare is at 65%, up from 35% and Morale at 56%, up from 42%.

I have not changed anything.

Just saying...
Last edited by Mooncrest on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:30 am

Doing some research.

http://mercuryadvisorygroup.com/how-to-project-the-number-of-hospital-beds-necessary-to-cover-a-given-population/

Assume that the ALOS in a hospital is 5 days

If population of a region is 1,000,000
The total number of admissions per year = 1,00,000 x 1/50 = 20,000

If bed days per year = 20,000, then x 5 = 100,000

Total number of beds required when occupancy is 100% = 100,000/365 = 275
Total number of beds required when occupancy is 80% = 275 x 80/100 = 220

http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/finance/how-many-hospital-beds-enough

But the fact is that the number of beds needed is falling. In 2009, the average number of hospital beds was 2.6 per 1,000 people. In 1999 the national average was 3.0—a 13.3% drop. Length of stay stats are dropping, too.

Through investments in technology and care coordination to prevent readmissions, efficiencies are being gained at an accelerating pace. In California, already significantly below the national average, the rate fell from 2.2 to 1.9—a 9.13% drop between 1999 and 2009.

We do not know how many beds are in one hospital. We know one hospital will serve 50,000 colonists.

PQ needed to transport colonists:
I would assume Jam would project forward a much less demand on hospitals in the future. I would think 2 per 1000. This would mean each hospital can care for 100 people. Using the 2 per 1000 formula above would mean approx 11 colonists a day per 1000 would need to be hospitalized. Using these numbers, one hospital could care for the needs of 9000 population. We know one hospital can care for 50,000. So these two ways do not parallel and will not be real helpful.

Let me see if I can calculate this backwards.

A hospital has 300 workers. If you figure each will carry one shift, they could handle 100-200 beds. In the future, many that would be widely enlarged. Not sure how this is figured. If so, I think the max would be 500 beds. The reason why this is important to figure is to try to figure out how many colonists per day that needs to be transported. This will tell us how many PQ are needed per 50,000 (one hospital). If we need 500 beds a day per 50,000, then we need transportation for 500 per 50,000 a day. If a ship moves colonists to a colony and back and that takes a total of 30 minutes, this means a ship can move the PQ x 48 passengers per day. If a Archon can transport 110 passengers with stock fitout. An Archon should be able to transport 5280 colonists to and from the hospital per day. This is 10 times the amount needed per 50,000. So one Archon may be able to handle 500,000 population, if my above numbers are anywhere close.

Hospital capacity of the colony:
If we have to have hospital capacity at the colony for the OSB colonists needing treatment, this should be easy to figure. We should need to increase the hospitals to match the population that it is treating.

OSB population/50,000 = additional colony hospital capacity needed.

I am running some tests today and tomorrow to see if I can determine some of these numbers. Enough for tonight and will see what develops tomorrow.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:46 pm

I have a colony with an attached OSB. The colony had an extra 47000 capacity for hospitals. I have a linked OSB with 39000. I was getting 19.938% hospital coverage to the OSB when the new feature went live.

I added a 943 passenger ship. I saw no increase in hospital coverage.

I powered up a hospital to cover another 50,000 colonists. I still see no increase in the hospital.

I have seen no increase or change since when the feature went live. I am wondering if it is not in the batch process or something since I am seeing no movement with increasing transports or hospitals.
Check out RAM Memories.
PreviousNext