Piracy

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Piracy

Postby ForumBot » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 am

Has anyone ever considered the possibility of someone maliciously putting a torrent of the game online so others could pirate it? this doesn't happen very often with small games, but it's something that should be considered since ultimately it can cause a huge money loss if not dealt with. I've seen other games deal with this by making a steam code be required to activate the game.
Joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user ingame, ~158th registered forum account.
Discoverer of Nexus
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Piracy

Postby rmartz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:59 am

ForumBot wrote:Has anyone ever considered the possibility of someone maliciously putting a torrent of the game online so others could pirate it? this doesn't happen very often with small games, but it's something that should be considered since ultimately it can cause a huge money loss if not dealt with. I've seen other games deal with this by making a steam code be required to activate the game.

Well, that s something that should be PMed to Jam and not plastered on open forum.

They would still be limited to free play as we used to have with the web browser.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Piracy

Postby Moneyman » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:09 pm

:mrgreen: There is a limit to what you can do about piracy.

:idea: The game purchase $$$ is small compared to aggregate premium $$$ .. I think JAM's covered.