"Inviters" Program

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

"Inviters" Program

Postby ForumBot » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 am

I've seen this work on other games and it seems to work very, very successfully and comes at pretty much no cost like advertising does.

The idea is pretty simple: There would be a new section to the Character window, where you can view assets, votes, etc. This new tab would give you options to share the game through facebook, twitter, and any other outlet to attract new members.

When registering, those new members would be able to optionally put in a referrer, being the username of the person who referred them to the game. Then, when those referred users register, and if they purchase any kind of premium, then they and the referrer would get an increased SC income that would be a fraction of what the referred user gets. If said referred user purchased SC, then the referrer would get 20% of the SC as a bonus.

In addition, there would also likely be some prize for players who make videos of Ascent that get 2k+ views, 10k views, plus further milestones. Such reward would probably include a uniquely colored name in chat, free premium, SC, or anything else to reward players who help the game's popularity.

Anyways, those are just my ideas for how it would work, although it could really work in any way that rewards players for promoting the game, and gives more incentive to increase the popularity of the game.
Joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user ingame, ~158th registered forum account.
Discoverer of Nexus
AKA ClockworkHex
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: "Inviters" Program

Postby Moneyman » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:46 pm

:mrgreen: Incentive strategies are next to worthless without an effective retention counterpart. :roll:

:idea: New player recruiting fails without new player retention. :oops:

:?: Ask RAM, why is it that this game is unable to retain most of its new players?

:?: How is this game's only real advantage not keeping new players? :)
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:02 am

Moneyman wrote:why is it that this game is unable to retain most of its new players?

i think i know why. simply the nature of the game simply does not attract very many long term people. it's pretty slow-paced unlike most modern games.
Joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user ingame, ~158th registered forum account.
Discoverer of Nexus
AKA ClockworkHex
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:20 pm

ForumBot wrote:
Moneyman wrote:why is it that this game is unable to retain most of its new players?

i think i know why. simply the nature of the game simply does not attract very many long term people. it's pretty slow-paced unlike most modern games.

:mrgreen: Please don't take my earlier post as being negative .. I want Ascent to succeed on its own terms. :!:

:idea: The nature of Ascent is as a Haven for bright people with substantial life experience.

:!: There are plenty of those kind of people accessing other successful online platforms. :)

:idea: Why not attract and retain bright people with substantial life experience. :?:

--- :arrow: It means re-directing our focus to a retention plan for people of our persuasion :idea:

:arrow: Why not advertise Ascent to people of our persuasion on successful online platforms :?: