Notes.

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

AllenCecil

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:17 pm

USA, San Francisco BayArea

Notes.

Postby AllenCecil » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm seeing a lot of discussion on the Global chat for a need for either a Notes or Pilot's Log icon shown on the upper left of the screen. This seems like a simple demand to fulfill giving the complexities of the game, and I'm wondering if this issue has ever been addressed before.
Everything is One...You! You are so much greater than the outline of your body. Hence: All reality is subjective. Subsequently: Self-Interest rules explaining the history of all civilization. Allen Cecil Norde`
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Notes.

Postby rmartz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm

AllenCecil wrote:I'm seeing a lot of discussion on the Global chat for a need for either a Notes or Pilot's Log icon shown on the upper left of the screen. This seems like a simple demand to fulfill giving the complexities of the game, and I'm wondering if this issue has ever been addressed before.

I open Windows Notepad and use it.

There has been talk before in game, but Since Jam has to do tools or do game design, we always ended up using things like this while we tried to keep him on bugs and new features.

Right now, he is on PR instead of game design.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:18 pm

AllenCecil wrote:I'm seeing a lot of discussion on the Global chat for a need for either a Notes or Pilot's Log icon shown on the upper left of the screen. This seems like a simple demand to fulfill giving the complexities of the game, and I'm wondering if this issue has ever been addressed before.

If you have Open Office or Mirosofy Office you can run word-processor, spreadsheet and database in the background. This gives you the ability to design a notepad, spreadsheets and databases that meet your specific needs rather than anything generic that Jam may come up with.

I keep records of my asteroid fields, price lists, production schedules, colony details, etc, etc on a spreadsheet that is readily available all the time I'm playing.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:52 pm

If you use 2 screens you can have the game and excel open at the same time. This is what I do.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:04 am

think the point is not to use 3rd party stuff but game support, using off site apps breaks the feel of the game plus it's make it feel less if you have to leave game to do simple (or not so simple ) administration.

but no I do not believe that one has been asked for but it's unlikely it will happen. jam would prefer to contract out UI stuff, and untill the game makes big bucks it's going to stay a slow grind or just sit in maintenance mode as it has been for a last year more or less. (can remember when the story line for terraforming was implemented).

outstanding projects are PVE combat - currently in beginning phase it's there but not really
pirates and pirate colonies
expanded trade markets
colonies that have robust economies
npc UI update,
in game mechanism for senate
new weapons but really not much point to that for a while
guess we can do pirate trading and assassinations? not sure why CEO's of colonies NPC fleets and massive combat/mining ship would want to but.... but it's still preliminary (not sure if there is large demand for it)
just to name a few :P

But I do agree it would be good to have in game support like notes,
also asteroid charts, colony mayors that help run colonies (have stats of colonies and ability to adjust production, warehouse management osb management and NPC shuttle ships to and from osb and colony)
exploration spreadsheet etc.