New buyable DLC wish list

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

New buyable DLC wish list

Postby davh62 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Having spoken to a few of you in game I think there seems to be demand for further buyable downloaded content. Obviously funds raised would help Jam to further develop the game & cover overheads/expenses.
I am inviting players to post up a wish list of ideas for Jams consideration. Please note he has always said he will not allow things that are massively overpowered or give too much advantage to one player over another. Thus please be reasonable. I would also ask you to suggest pricing that you think for DLC ideas.

Suggestions thus far

Asteroid scanner mod- to filter age/type $20
Soil sampling probes- $1 per probe sold in batches of 20
Last edited by davh62 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Re: New buyable DLC wish list

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Asteroid Mining Radar Module
Ths would be a one Class Module like the Salvage Beam. Its purpose would be to alter the ship's radar output to show different roids in different colours. Particularly distinguishing between Angrite, Colombite, Promethicite, Bastnaesite and the other very rare roid. If it could also either filter, or otherwise distinguish the age of a roid, that would be a bonus.

Price for the module I see at about USD20.
no avatar
User

darkwhistle

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Postby darkwhistle » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:31 pm

I have some ideas for downloadable content. First, I'd like to suggest you re-offer the alien terraforming device as DLC. There are too many beautiful looking worlds out there to explore that having a dome always interfere with your view of sky or stars or moon. Second, but similarly, I'd like to suggest an alien agriculture device that allows you to add a food group to the soil type. That will help encourage more colonies. I would imagine that making more colonies (or having the potential to improve them to a player's ideal) will encourage more colony planting, which you might hope encourages more SC buying. Third, I'd like to suggest having salvageable wrecks with higher modules than class 6 as DLC, preferably up to the maximum class vessel available. Fourth, another possibility for DLC is a single rare asteroid spawn. Last, I'd like to suggest as DLC a one-shot treasure finding module, which gives you a direction, and requires you to hyperjump around to locate the sector and system it is in, then gives you a random encounter of some sort: advanced wreck, rare asteroid, alien enemy, or just a chest of credits.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:12 am

I have previously suggested a Soil Sampling Probe which will allieviate the requirement to land and take a soil samle: a procedure that becomes very frustrating very quickly. This, I think, culd be an ideal DLC addition. Priced at USD1 per probe and sold in batches of 20, not only would it encourage more exloring and surveying, but it has the potential for repeat sales as the probe would be a one-shot item and therefore the player would need to buy new ones to continue to explore using them.

Additional coding would be minimal as it could easily be integrated into the existing code for Soil Sampling.
Last edited by Mooncrest on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:37 am

darkwhistle wrote:I have some ideas for downloadable content. First, I'd like to suggest you re-offer the alien terraforming device as DLC. There are too many beautiful looking worlds out there to explore that having a dome always interfere with your view of sky or stars or moon. Second, but similarly, I'd like to suggest an alien agriculture device that allows you to add a food group to the soil type. That will help encourage more colonies. I would imagine that making more colonies (or having the potential to improve them to a player's ideal) will encourage more colony planting, which you might hope encourages more SC buying. Third, I'd like to suggest having salvageable wrecks with higher modules than class 6 as DLC, preferably up to the maximum class vessel available. Fourth, another possibility for DLC is a single rare asteroid spawn. Last, I'd like to suggest as DLC a one-shot treasure finding module, which gives you a direction, and requires you to hyperjump around to locate the sector and system it is in, then gives you a random encounter of some sort: advanced wreck, rare asteroid, alien enemy, or just a chest of credits.

Can you suggest pricing for your ideas dark? How would you see the ag probes working? Also remember terra devices would need to be expensive & stay within the 1.5-2g range. personally I think they should be $150 & $200 respectively.
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:27 pm

IHMO, DLCs should be mostly limited to cosmetics/vanity items.

Perhaps turn ship paint patterns into a DLC
Joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user ingame, ~158th registered forum account.
Discoverer of Nexus
AKA ClockworkHex
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Bumped for new ideas for buyable DLC.
no avatar
User

DemonicReaper

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

Iowa, United States

Postby DemonicReaper » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:14 am

I like all of the ideas suggested so far. I do think it may be time to offer a new ship as DLC. This would have to be around 2 classes higher than is currently available. I'm not sure where jam's game model stops for ships, but I do believe it shouldn't be at the top, but possibly 1 to 2 classes lower. This would definitely generate income, maybe offer it at USD$140 and drop the price of the bowhead slightly. I also see ship skins or additional patterns being a good idea, I know it was already suggest. Another idea would be to offer research speed boosters that are limited in time frame (This one may push the P2W narrative, so may be difficult to pull off.)
no avatar
User

darkwhistle

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Postby darkwhistle » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:02 pm

How about a Wormhole Drive ship module that is roughly 10 times the size of a comparable class hyperdrive (due to the wormhole generators and PC needed to build it) but that has much greater fuel efficiency ( equates to range ) and also doesn't break down as often. You will then get correspondingly more rapid exploration of the immense galaxy (even though the cargo space would be a lot less per jump). It could also be powered by deuterium...

As a corollary to that I propose wormhole gates that only connect systems with wormholes in them but whose range could concieveably span large chucks of galaxy at a cost in materials that could be achieved by the current player base working together in a reasonable period of time. That way the galaxy could be crossed in something less that the 4000 or so ordinary jump gates that would have to be traversed (based on what we think we know), even though most systems (without wormholes) would have to be linked with ordinary gates to utilize the resources in them.

I think I posted this before, buy don't see it... How about survey probes that can be dropped, 1 per planet or moon, that would return in an hour or less with the geo rating (1-5) and then the best food rating (toxic, poor, or fertile) present? You would still have to land in order to determine what the resources are, but if you are like me, you don't bother with g1 or g2, or completely toxic worlds, so that would save me a lot of time exploring.
no avatar
User

Trakstar82

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 pm

Postby Trakstar82 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Sort of building off of what Dark said. Possibly an experimental type of gate that can go much further. Not sure how it would be implemented or pricing
Next