Ground Vehicles?

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

Warp_8

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Ground Vehicles?

Postby Warp_8 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Space suit too slow for you?
Ground vehicles would increase movement speed while on EVA.
It would be stored in the cargo ramps of most ships.
"We go feet first, sir!"
-ODST
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Ground Vehicles?

Postby Moneyman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Warp_8 wrote:Space suit too slow for you?
Ground vehicles would increase movement speed while on EVA.
It would be stored in the cargo ramps of most ships.

:mrgreen: Luv to see a motorcycle and an anti-grav ship. Don't expect to see it until JAM has some real $$$.
no avatar
User

darkwhistle

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Postby darkwhistle » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:09 am

The problem with ground vehicles is that there is very little reason to move around on the surface of a planet. I recall only on one occasion finding a terrain feature that merited a closer look, and it turned out to be a graphical bug... and since there are no critters, pirates, or gems removeable by hand, there is no point to it yet. If you could "gem prospect" with your ground vehicle it might be different. I am imagining something like a Rat Patrol dune buggy with a mining laser mounted high on the back. If you don't remember Rat Patrol, google it.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:15 pm

darkwhistle wrote:The problem with ground vehicles is that there is very little reason to move around on the surface of a planet. I recall only on one occasion finding a terrain feature that merited a closer look, and it turned out to be a graphical bug... and since there are no critters, pirates, or gems removeable by hand, there is no point to it yet. If you could "gem prospect" with your ground vehicle it might be different. I am imagining something like a Rat Patrol dune buggy with a mining laser mounted high on the back. If you don't remember Rat Patrol, google it.

Now that would be fun! Challenge is the gems are so widely spaced that a ground vehicle would really take a long time to find them. Gems would have to be more closely placed for that to be functional.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Greydog

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Postby Greydog » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:25 pm

RAM wrote:
Now that would be fun! Challenge is the gems are so widely spaced that a ground vehicle would really take a long time to find them. Gems would have to be more closely placed for that to be functional.

Have the ship work for deep core mining and a GV for prospecting surface deposits.
I plan on living forever ...so far so good!