Ascent: Black Sky

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Ascent: Black Sky

Postby RAM » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Nomad wrote:
Any news available from Jam or his closest player friends?

Regards Nomad

There were several bug fixes last month along with T2 additions to the Local Market.

Next week Jam is planning on devoting a week on server side fixes.

Black Sky was always contingent on the grant he is still working to get. He will have his answer December 9th. I am quote excited because of what he is developing for The Medieval Game(TMG), which will retrofit into Ascent. Black Sky is planned to be a release with the new Unity Engine. Jam just told me this past week that it looks like a month of work to get Ascent to work in the new engine, so no new client this month. If he gets the funding, then he progresses with Black Sky, then shifts to TMG. If he gets no funding, then he starts working on Black Sky on the side and finds gainful employment.

Development on Ascent has slowed this year because of the time and efforts Jam has been making on financing. Without additional financing, he has to go back to full time work and work on Ascent on the side, which will slow development even more.

Either way in regards to funding, Jam plans to do crowdfunding for the class 16 ship. He is getting quotes on what the design will cost and then we will get a GoFundMe site set up so we can contribute for the cost of adding that ship. Once the funds are raised, I suspect it will take a month to get the new ship in game, since he can not get any work on the design done until after the money is raised.

So that is a few updates for you all. I am working at building a better line of communication between Jam and the players. It is one of the roles the the office. This is the first time we did not have an absent President. This has been an additional cause of lack of communication.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:52 pm

[quote="RAM"]So that is a few updates for you all. I am working at building a better line of communication between Jam and the players. It is one of the roles the the office. This is the first time we did not have an absent President. This has been an additional cause of lack of communication

You are doing a great job as President, we very much appreciate it and you're successfully opening up lines of communication between the Players and Developer...which is a great help as well as foundation for trust and hope for the future.

Thank you!
no avatar
User

Nomad

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Canberra, Australia

Postby Nomad » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 am

RAM wrote:So that is a few updates for you all. I am working at building a better line of communication between Jam and the players. It is one of the roles the the office. This is the first time we did not have an absent President. This has been an additional cause of lack of communication.

Thanks for the update..
Good to hear Jam is still working on bug fixes etc whilst other plans are afoot.

As far as communications go, one area that would be great and easy to fix is to archive old content from this forum so that remains fresh (maybe keep 12 months and archive the rest) and then have a dedicated topic for JAM or his moderators to maintain a table containing JAMs approved bug list, his pri to fix and then a change log that is updated to close off any known bugs that have been fixed in each subsequent release.

These simple steps will go along way to better communicate and show that the game is still actively being worked on has new fresh current content and structured bug list, release dates, and summarised change log aligned to each major/minor update...

Regards Steve
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:30 pm

LadyHawk wrote:hope for the future.

All I need now is an R2D2 droid. :lol:
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:19 pm

:mrgreen: Another post from JAM wb nice. That is, where does this game stand with respect to the other game?

... Doesn't have to be JAM but someone from developer side sb helping the prez out.

I know JAM is unlikely to respond to anything I post because I'm really mean after 2 years of silence from UserOfCode.

Yet, I've always wanted JAM to succeed because I have many friends who are entitled to taste the fruits of Ascent's success.

A stable rise in player population wb really, really nice ... then we'd know for sure :)
no avatar
User

Bubba

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Postby Bubba » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:39 pm

So any word on any update activity? Would really like to get into this game but I can't see me spending much time or money on it if it's abandoned. :cry:
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Bubba wrote:So any word on any update activity? Would really like to get into this game but I can't see me spending much time or money on it if it's abandoned. :cry:

Not abandoned. Jam is working on another project at the moment. He is slowly working on this. He updated the game a few weeks ago and is about finished sorting out the bugs from a Unity update. He has plans for it but right now not a lot of time. Just hang in there.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

Bubba

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Postby Bubba » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:48 pm

This is excellent news! Gonna put some time in on it tonight!
Previous