Ascent: Black Sky

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

South Korea

Re: Ascent: Black Sky

Postby BoshingTong » Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Moneyman wrote::mrgreen: Items selected from fleas' above posting:

1. Food stuffs
Fruit - apples, oranges, Mangos, pineapple etc...
Veg - tomatoes, spinach, broccoli etc...
Meat - Beef, Pork, armadillo? etc... add fish and seafood to this category
Grain - Corn, Wheat, oats etc...

Food stuffs instead Natural items ... Add: Lumber, herbs, rubber, rock, lime, etc

2. Materials
Basically just more types of materials that can be used in during construction.
Concrete, ceramics, plastics etc...

Above suggest manufacturing: A prerequisite tier to such things as robot factories.

Ceramics and plastics are prerequisites to electronics and the like ... an additional prerequisite to robot factories.

I suspect that JAM recognized the additional coding complexity required and decided that he just didn't have the time. :)

3. Structures
New Structures: (some of this is not "Low Hanging Fruit", but I didn't know where else to put it.)
Foundries, Forges, and Smelters - to combine materials and make new materials and advance technology.

Follows from last suggestion ... This begs the question about a trading + mining economy ... lot of re-thinking required.

Glad that you are beginning to consider these options ... Introduces a lot more depth to the game's economy ... needed.

You forget that we are already a space fairing people. History is lost to us but not the science that got us here. We need to be looking forward to new tech not backwards. We should be getting new tier 2 or even tier 3 products.
Owner of Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority (BSFA)

Senator of Logopolis

Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs

TG member
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Diversity is a good thing. The more mats variants the better!

Diversity is about all of us, and about us having to figure out how to walk through this world together.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Provision-Senator of Barons Rest-Senator of Menzel3-Senator of Titan
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Fri May 19, 2017 8:33 pm

BoshingTong wrote:
Moneyman wrote::mrgreen: Items selected from fleas' above posting:

You forget that we are already a space fairing people. History is lost to us but not the science that got us here. We need to be looking forward to new tech not backwards. We should be getting new tier 2 or even tier 3 products.

lol...hey!...you can't tell me what to like...rofl

Seriously though...jam asked for things that are small and easy to accomplish in a short period of time...I wasn't thinking storyline, I wasn't thinking about whether or not we lost tech and science (which we did btw). I was only trying to think of ways (and failing...lol) to enhance the game and make it presentable with little effort. Things that I personally would like to see as added features. Please add your details and possible features as well...and we will all give jam some things to think about as he goes through preparations for this transition.

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Fri May 19, 2017 9:37 pm

:mrgreen: fleas wrote above: "lol...hey!...you can't tell me what to like..."

I don't want to ... except I liked the direction your earlier post was going.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 am

well yes there are a few issues on what economy items there are and what, if any, expansion items.
Also questions like why does a place that can grow fruit can't grow anything else. or why is hydroponics not allowed, or why a nuclear plant in the future is so weak, roughly a plant could run 10,000 person community so why do we need so many even if that number was 3 times, and why does oceans matter so little, even to the point we can't get water or seafood from them lol. but as far as i can tell this line of talk is unnecessary, not sure if anything much will happen with economics.

interesting list fleas on some possible options. and interesting concept moon, I guess you are think vastly increasing the contracts and removing the basic dump at npc's we currently have. could also make it a cargo ratio thing as well, bigger loads generate lower returns. personally sill found of cost of production (some base profit built into the buying of items at colonies) because I really want a reason to have colonies and if they are for nothing whats the point, buy slaves, get all the hassle of moral and the colony just loses cash. I have advised, and still do, to not build colonies ATM all you need is the extra research center and OSB warehouse, after that you can find all the free mats you want everywhere without the hassle.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:29 am

gotpurplefleas wrote:Hi all...o/

Low Hanging Fruit...

Break down staples and diversify:

1. Food stuffs
Fruit - apples, oranges, Mangos, pineapple etc...
Veg - tomatoes, spinach, broccoli etc...
Meat - Beef, Pork, armadillo? etc... add fish and seafood to this category
Grain - Corn, Wheat, oats etc...
From the added items the research tree could be extended to include things like fruit juices, milk, cakes, and...RUM!...lol
Bonuses could conceivably remain connected to the main food group as they are now, but if there was more than one food of that type in the warehouse, then it could give an added moral boost or health bonus, similar to the way that luxury goods currently enhance a colony now.

2. Materials
Basically just more types of materials that can be used during construction.
Concrete, ceramics, plastics etc...

3. Structures
New Structures: (some of this is not "Low Hanging Fruit", but I didn't know where else to put it.)
Foundries, Forges, and Smelters - to combine materials and make new materials and advance technology. (I think this may be good in combination with research centers to begin reverse engineering of Alien techs...maybe with a view toward those massive Gates that have been mentioned?)
Colony Administrative Office - The Mayors Office and Community Development Center...complete with all tools, utilities, and analyzers required to run the entire colony from EVA.
Apollo Sector Capitol - An NPC Colony that houses The Colonial Senate Building, The United Nations Combined Arms Regional Headquarters, and all other structures that are used in the governance and administration of The Apollo Sector.
Colony based manufacturing facilities - connected to the Landing Bays and capable of constructing everything except for the items that would be too large to transport into space via freighter or carrier. (ie ships hulls above the size of the Manta, mods too large to carry in a bowhead, etc.)

Existing Structures:
Entertainment Centers - more interaction with the structure when visiting during EVA (ie...more things to do and see). Just furnishing these buildings would enhance the experience.
Stock Markets - Create an interactive experience with the structure during EVA. Put a panel inside the building with an open stock market window on it that is functional to create the illusion that a player has walked into the stock market to do his business with this colony whilst on the ground.
Shipyards - I once docked with another sellers star base and was amazed to find that I was actually in the hanger at this players ISB. I Would love to see this feature as a permanent addition to the game.

My list could go on, but this is getting pretty long so I will end it here. I think that a lot of these types of additions would add to a more polished, immersive, and realistic environment.

Thnx
fleas

RUM! Fleas for president! :lol:
How about helium gas for an advance HD? say x2-x5 of current range?
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Provision-Senator of Barons Rest-Senator of Menzel3-Senator of Titan
User

Greydog

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Postby Greydog » Sat May 20, 2017 10:38 am

How about petrochemicals and all the materials that are derived from it.
I plan on living forever ...so far so good!
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

South Korea

Postby BoshingTong » Sat May 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Still think more uses for the mats we have would be time better spent, but would love to see archaeology added or something like that. If we were that far advanced and had a huge empire were are all the leftovers. Buildings signs of farms a stray dome derelict OSBs? I would love to see some of that added.
Owner of Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority (BSFA)

Senator of Logopolis

Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs

TG member
no avatar
User

klcs77

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Postby klcs77 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:15 pm

coming from me can we do something about the spawn rate of bastneasite roid it is a myth at this point. stagc2002 hasnt seen one in a year or so and he is the most active miner i know. that seems like low hanging fruit to me. now i am not saying make it prom but closer than what it is now.

klcs77

another thought is drop the have to turn grav anchor to manual in options just make it manual always plz
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sun May 21, 2017 4:51 pm

klcs77 wrote:coming from me can we do something about the spawn rate of bastneasite roid it is a myth at this point. stagc2002 hasnt seen one in a year or so and he is the most active miner i know. that seems like low hanging fruit to me. now i am not saying make it prom but closer than what it is now.
klcs77
another thought is drop the have to turn grav anchor to manual in options just make it manual always plz

I agree with this 100%. and please also do something about the other new asteroid type, the name of which I have forgotten as I have ever seen one of those.

I was given access to a field with a Bastnaesite asteroid in it, but even though I mine the other asteroids in this field regularly, I have not been able to spawn another Bastnaesite roid. I have had access to this field for the last six or seven months.
PreviousNext