Ascent: Black Sky

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

voltreker

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:19 pm

Re: Ascent: Black Sky

Postby voltreker » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:34 pm

I would like to see mining made easy.like point and click then auto mine.I find myself wasting to much time trying to get it right without blowing up the rock.or sell auto miner ships as a kick starter for the black sky release.I would buy one.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:47 pm

voltreker wrote:I would like to see mining made easy.like point and click then auto mine.I find myself wasting to much time trying to get it right without blowing up the rock.or sell auto miner ships as a kick starter for the black sky release.I would buy one.

:mrgreen: If you haven't spent in-game time with stag or Seeker at the roid site, Try to arrange some time with them.

A lot of us would luv to have NPC mining ships but its not likely that JAM would agree to implement that feature.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:33 pm

:mrgreen: No evidence that JAM has visited the forum recently.

My biggest (of a long list of) game irritant(s) is the game changing focus to first person (which I never want to be in) thru some fluke then giantsizing the ship I'm flying when I switch focus back.

Popekael in the A general game play summary. thread is right on target about many of the reasons that Ascent loses so many new players.

Link to his thread: http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3409

The game, Elite Dangerous mentioned by Popekael, has advantages similar to Ascent advantages yet, apparently, failed.

A lot of us look skyward in disbelieve about some decisions made about the game.

This could have been a killer game in popularity but some of us ask will the relaunch, assuming it actually happens, be enough?

That is, can Ascent hold onto relaunch inspired new players long enough to generate $$$ to pay for design changes?

I realize its not your thing JAM but someone needs to be consistently responsive to player requests or the relaunch inspired new players will leave in droves.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:47 am

Moneyman wrote::mrgreen: No evidence that JAM has visited the forum recently.

My biggest (of a long list of) game irritant(s) is the game changing focus to first person (which I never want to be in) thru some fluke then giantsizing the ship I'm flying when I switch focus back.

Popekael in the A general game play summary. thread is right on target about many of the reasons that Ascent loses so many new players.

Link to his thread: http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3409

The game, Elite Dangerous mentioned by Popekael, has advantages similar to Ascent advantages yet, apparently, failed.

A lot of us look skyward in disbelieve about some decisions made about the game.

This could have been a killer game in popularity but some of us ask will the relaunch, assuming it actually happens, be enough?

That is, can Ascent hold onto relaunch inspired new players long enough to generate $$$ to pay for design changes?

I realize its not your thing JAM but someone needs to be consistently responsive to player requests or the relaunch inspired new players will leave in droves.

Looks skyward^ at this post & shakes head*
If we knew all business ventures/decisions would be successful then we would all be millionaires. With regard to the avalanche of player requests- You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. I believe Jams post has more than told the tale of where things are at. Now we must wait. I for one intend to stay, no matter how things pan out.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Actually, posting that Jam has not visited the forums does not help new players. While it is good to discuss things, I try to not leave a sense of abandon. He is around and working, he just gets beat down by some of the things on the forum. If it was a place he felt lifted, it would be easier for him to be around.

He is not an old crusty dude like me. He is still growing his thick skin and even turtles are soft under their hard shell.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 pm

davh62 wrote:

Looks skyward^ at this post & shakes head*
If we knew all business ventures/decisions would be successful then we would all be millionaires. With regard to the avalanche of player requests- You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. I believe Jams post has more than told the tale of where things are at. Now we must wait. I for one intend to stay, no matter how things pan out.

:mrgreen: JAM has a game track record and plenty of has been posted about JAM's actions over the past 5 years.

However, remember that JAM is not Zeus on Olympus, he is a human being like the rest of us.

Looking skyward is not an infrequent reaction to another human being's actions.

ram wrote:

Actually, posting that Jam has not visited the forums does not help new players. While it is good to discuss things, I try to not leave a sense of abandon. He is around and working, he just gets beat down by some of the things on the forum. If it was a place he felt lifted, it would be easier for him to be around.

He is not an old crusty dude like me. He is still growing his thick skin and even turtles are soft under their hard shell.

:mrgreen: I wasn't criticizing JAM ... He has a lot on his plate.

Indirectly, I was echoing a frequently expressed desire (from most Ascent players) to get more feedback from JAM.

New player retention is a big deal to me and I'm very aware in in-game chat what the effect certain disclosures will have on new players.

Our new players are not online game rookies ... They quickly notice things,

They quickly figure out what the real deal is and act accordingly.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:50 pm

both have good points but as far as play retention - this is Jam's job, and to maintain a sense of community, connection and empowerment he does need to post or at lest give some feedback to community.

the simplest way i can think off is asking a friend or hiring someone for 2 hours a week to post a picture a comment and any upcoming announcements. that's it.
(it will get criticized but that's the nature of the beast.)

To not have a developer tread is odd, and it's a simple way to help retain player base and show activity, it's one thing to be busy working crazy hours it's another to TELL folks that is what is happening.
[note this has to be official, sorry ram I know you are in the know but it has to come from company or an official with company, and BTW I am disappointed with the CEO, when will the cat learn to post :D.]

it goes a long way to have some feedback to retain players, it's hard to keep up moral if you feel like it's just banging your head into a wall especially if you feel like no one even hears the thumping sound.

Bruised nose Wulf (from all the doors slammed on it from posting lol)
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Wulf wries:

the simplest way i can think off is asking a friend or hiring someone for 2 hours a week to post a picture a comment and any upcoming announcements. that's it.
(it will get criticized but that's the nature of the beast.

:mrgreen: You and I are on the same page about this.

Because JAM needs to make good on the new game he'll be coding, however, The Ascent players need to insure (the best we can) that the relaunch generated $$$ is big enuf to pay for that weekly activity.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Moneyman wrote:Indirectly, I was echoing a frequently expressed desire (from most Ascent players) to get more feedback from JAM.

This was part of the role the President was to do. We have had issues keeping active presidents. I think this has been some of the disconnect. I hope to help with that if elections prove to be successful for me.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:38 pm

RAM wrote:
Moneyman wrote:Indirectly, I was echoing a frequently expressed desire (from most Ascent players) to get more feedback from JAM.

This was part of the role the President was to do. We have had issues keeping active presidents. I think this has been some of the disconnect. I hope to help with that if elections prove to be successful for me.

:mrgreen: Just saw LH in her cheerleader outfit. Nice. :lol:
PreviousNext