Ascent: Black Sky

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Ascent: Black Sky

Postby Moneyman » Fri May 05, 2017 12:54 pm

Luminourm wrote:Hello. I'm building a list of that newbie feedback you're after, and will post about that sometime soon ish.

In the meantime, I got the wild idea that a Discord server might be a useful way for the community to keep in contact, while playing or otherwise. Was kicking the idea around via in game chat, and some folks seemed interested, and it was suggested that I kick it to you to see what you think.

That would provide us with a readily available voice chat system, if desired, and would be useful for providing help when not in game. It could of course also be used for Q&A events or the like if that's something you'd be interested in.

I'll have an abundance of other random ideas in the near future as well, but I'll have to get them all properly organized first.

Thanks for your interest in our feedback!

:mrgreen: Great idea ... put a lot of images in that thread ... Need help with images? ... Let me help. :D
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Fri May 05, 2017 6:11 pm

jam wrote:So questions I have for the playerbase:
  • What usability / polish / bugs are the most high priority for you and why?
    See this thread
    http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3368&p=28919#p28919
  • What's the ideal approach to a "re-launch"? Do we make a whole new product on Steam, give everyone who owns Ascent: The Space Game a key for Ascent: Black Sky? Or just a new/replacement bundle for the current product?
    Tricky one. We need to try and dump the negative vibes that, for some reason, the Steam Community seems to have towards Ascent: TSG, but we need to keep the positive rep our Community has for friendliness, helpfulness, etc etc. I think what should be done is effectively a "repackaging" job. Issue a new/replacement bundle, this is going to be a major update after all and we can ask our community to post their reviews and views.

• What do we do with our "subscriptions"? I have had the feeling for a while that we lose more in sales than we gain in regular income from these, and that we'd be better served by a (not-stupid) system of in-game purchases... Obviously if we drop "premium" we have to in-game compensate people who have lifetime subs etc. Things to think about.
    I do not think that you have a problem here. If you do away wiith regular subscription, but keep the stand-alone Stellar Credit purchases, it should be OK. The game price should still include the 3 months worth of SC. This will allow players to get a taste of the Colony/OSB building and will encourage them to make the ad hoc SC purchases necessary to maintain their colonies/OSBs. If they do not want to build colonies/OSBs they will still have access to build settlements in the Inner systems and expand their ISB to 100 rings and use the higher class of Beams, Scoops, Weapons anddd such as long as they have at least ONE SC in their asset list. You will need to run this past the Life-Subbers, but as Inner Settlements, the ISB and access to superior beams and weapons uses little or no additioan server ressources this should be good with them. The Life-Subbers should still get their 300SC per month as normal so they should ot see any difference.
  • Are there other features you think should be in a new release? Bear in mind I will have limited time for this so vast new stuff is probably going to be out of the picture for now.
I think that we should avoid completely new stuff, if at all possible. I think that tidying up the loose ends of the game as it is now is a big enough job in itself and the relaunch should happen as quickly as you can do it.
User

Greydog

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Postby Greydog » Fri May 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Good points Moon.
I don't know that I would call it a "re-launch" as that sort of indicates that there was something wrong with the first launch. Although an Expansion usually comes with sweeping new content I think a re-launch should follow that line of thinking.

Clean up the code a bit, finish unfinished content, add cl 16 stuff and call it an expansion.

I would also hold off on the "Black Sky" expansion for any major reworks you have in mind ...in the meantime, we need lore to give direction to where you think you want to go.
I plan on living forever ...so far so good!
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sat May 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Greydog wrote:Good points Moon.
I don't know that I would call it a "re-launch" as that sort of indicates that there was something wrong with the first launch. Although an Expansion usually comes with sweeping new content I think a re-launch should follow that line of thinking.

Clean up the code a bit, finish unfinished content, add cl 16 stuff and call it an expansion.

I would also hold off on the "Black Sky" expansion for any major reworks you have in mind ...in the meantime, we need lore to give direction to where you think you want to go.

:mrgreen: Perhaps you could illustrate how the lore could be changed? i.e. via a thread. :)
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat May 06, 2017 12:32 pm

This is vital...

Please, please, please, please, please,please, please,please, please,please, please,please, please,please, please

can we have the Blueprint for a Class 1 Reactor?

I have, literally, scrapped hundreds of Class 1 ships just to recover the Class 1 Reactor that is needed for NPC variant ships.

I'd also like a method of properly scrapping ships, i.e. taking them out of the game competely and not just storing them on the GM at zero credits.
Last edited by Mooncrest on Sat May 06, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat May 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Greydog wrote:Good points Moon.

I do like the way you think.

Th cl 16 should be another carrier, but would be a great ship for the cargo and just add the same carrier code we have. It may not be great, but it will get the job done for the relaunch.

The challenge is it takes months to model up a new ship. Not sure if there is capital and time for it.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Mooncrest wrote:This is vital...

Please, please, please, please, please,please, please,please, please,please, please,please, please,please, please

I have, literally, scrapped hundreds of Class 1 ships just to recover the Class 1 Reactor that is needed for NPC variant ships.

I's also like a method of properly scrapping ships, i.e. taking them out of the game competely and not just storing them on the GM at zero credits.

OMG YES!
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

USA, Pa

Postby BoshingTong » Sat May 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Mooncrest wrote:This is vital...

I'd also like a method of properly scrapping ships, i.e. taking them out of the game competely and not just storing them on the GM at zero credits.

Oh yes! We need to recycle parts.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sat May 06, 2017 6:53 pm

RAM wrote:Th cl 16 should be another carrier, but would be a great ship for the cargo and just add the same carrier code we have. It may not be great, but it will get the job done for the relaunch.

The challenge is it takes months to model up a new ship. Not sure if there is capital and time for it.

note from conversation with George in a galaxy far away, he was wondering how he could do another carrier with odd ships like the yeti? (the one that is vertical shape)

He did liked my idea to use a type of dome concept to get around the issue so instead of inside you have a docking area at back of ship and it's 'protected' by energy or dome instead of interior space. this way all ships line up vertically regardless of actual shape and are 'dropped out' from the back (which is opaque from outside) and no fancy docking issues required. IF a carrier is to be done then likely a different docking system would be good, would make less headaches for both player and programmer to have those auto dock and forget about them. BUT what is the point of a carrier ATM, we can't really use them and that sounds like a lot of effort.... maybe place-hold the carrier and go to class 17 or to specialized ships, 3 class 16's one better/bonuses for combat (really good clear anchor points and a bonus like half space cost axial with some tracking motion?) then a carrier TBA and a heavy cargo - max components class 5 (mining combat ect) but more cargo.
Then next class ships, mining ship and a research/exploration ship for examples. but then again you know I have not liked the ship progress from day one lol. to generic for my tastes.

I will say I really like the Lev, nice ship and flies very well, very tricky to mount weapons on - they point in all directions except forward.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat May 06, 2017 10:46 pm

="wulf" maybe place-hold the carrier and go to class 17

I have sets of Class 16 modules ready and customers waiting for the Hull BP to be released...

I'm just a poor shipbuilder trying to get a small return in my investment,,,

I need Class 16 to be released to feed my starvng kids...
PreviousNext