Ascent: Black Sky

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Greydog

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Re: Ascent: Black Sky

Postby Greydog » Sun May 07, 2017 12:20 am

Moneyman wrote: :mrgreen: Perhaps you could illustrate how the lore could be changed? i.e. via a thread. :)

The lore doesn't need to be changed, what we have is scattered and difficult to find but good for what it is.

What we need is more ...history is never really, fully, lost there are always rumors and stories of rumors that persist as mythology and tall tales. All that happened from a civilization as advanced as ours supposedly was should still have remnants laying about even if our in-game characters know nothing of it.

A thread is a good idea though ..I'll give it some thought.
I plan on living forever ...so far so good!
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 am

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Sun May 07, 2017 12:36 am

Moneyman wrote:
Luminourm wrote:
In the meantime, I got the wild idea that a Discord server might be a useful way for the community to keep in contact, while playing or otherwise.

I run a Discord server and I'm connected to discord for many of the games I play and it really helps with team play.

I would second the motion to have a voice channel because, quite frankly, in game typing is so "old school" and a game like this would really benefit from a Discord channel.

Kael
“The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” ― Douglas Adams
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Sun May 07, 2017 3:47 am

PopeKael wrote:
Moneyman wrote:
Luminourm wrote:
In the meantime, I got the wild idea that a Discord server might be a useful way for the community to keep in contact, while playing or otherwise.

I run a Discord server and I'm connected to discord for many of the games I play and it really helps with team play.

I would second the motion to have a voice channel because, quite frankly, in game typing is so "old school" and a game like this would really benefit from a Discord channel.

Kael

I have made a few discord servers. I could make one for this game.
Joined on May 6, 2014
Formerly known as newuser12980
Discoverer of Nexus
no avatar
User

Luminourm

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Fri May 05, 2017 6:25 am

Postby Luminourm » Sun May 07, 2017 4:32 pm

ForumBot wrote:

Yeah, it wouldn't take much to set one up, but for the moment I'm waiting to see what Jam thinks about the idea. If he decides to set up an official one, there's no sense having unofficial ones floating around. If he doesn't want to deal with it, but is open to us making one, it shall be done! ^_^

I'm pretty eager to see what he thinks about it. It would be a great way to provide help and support, with long-term logs. Same for a trade channel.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sun May 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Luminourm wrote:
ForumBot wrote:

Yeah, it wouldn't take much to set one up, but for the moment I'm waiting to see what Jam thinks about the idea. If he decides to set up an official one, there's no sense having unofficial ones floating around. If he doesn't want to deal with it, but is open to us making one, it shall be done! ^_^

I'm pretty eager to see what he thinks about it. It would be a great way to provide help and support, with long-term logs. Same for a trade channel.

whatever the decision it has to have in-game links at lest or it will not fly.
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 am

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Mon May 08, 2017 12:23 am

Luminourm wrote:
ForumBot wrote:

Yea, it would be nice to have an 'official' status on the Discord and then give some people the keys to run it. I would most certainly use it as there isn't many English speaking people where I live so it would be a nice place to hang out while playing.
It would need a voice lobby for all the general chat, and then additional rooms for when the lobby gets to noisy :-)
It would also make it easier to post links for people as posting web links in the game chat don't hyperlink. All you need to do is give people the one discord join link and get them over.

Anyway, you can just ignor me, I'm only a noob at this game - LoL
“The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” ― Douglas Adams
no avatar
User

rastilion

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Alveran

Postby rastilion » Mon May 08, 2017 2:33 pm

My two cents:
Basically, everything has been said already.

Like Mooncrest said, new features are not a great idea when there is limited time and quite a bit stuff that needs overhauling. I would also leave them out for now.

I was mainly a miner, with great fun in the different way of handling mining in this game (not the stupid point&click most games make it).
Currently, i see no reason to mine any more, because even if i would, i'd need to collect the materials needed for construction from my colonies. Otherwise i'd get no products because the NPCs are unable to deliver anything anymore. They broke down when they should have started hauling OSB colonists to the colonies for treatment.

The things i see as necessary for a relaunch/update/whatever are:
1) Fixing of incorrect / non-working features (NPCs, disinformational SMs etc)
2) Some form of permanent and temporary grouping for players (permanent as in guilds, companies or whatever you want to call them; temporary as in "I want to fly with another player for this game session")

Low-hanging fruits could be:
DLC:
- L1-5 ship modules (not the hulls, if you don't want player produced small ships)
- If the older players are ok with it: Lights-BP Class1
- Ship hulls of different design, but with the same capabilities as the default ships (purely cosmetics)
- Logos for guilds, groups, however they are called

Other:
- NPC billboard ships return to their owners ISB (if reachable, else reachable colony/OSB) once SCs of the respective player hits 0
- Ability of NPCs to transfer freight between two locations without using the stock market (i.e. transfer raw minerals from colony to OSB for selling them there, transfer of a raw material for further processing before selling etc)
- an estimate age/size for asteroids that doesn't get capped after 7 days
- more materials on NPC markets
- NPC expansion to gated systems, after a certain (massive?) amount of materials has been sold to the I9
- Adaptation of inner prices to player SMs. I was considered fast, when i had my class 12 ship after a week or two. Thanks to massive overpricing at the inners, currently new players get to a class 15 ship within 2 or 3 days.

I assume that fixing the NPCs and adding the grouping feature will both be larger tasks, that's why i haven't put them under low-hangers.

Regards, Rastilion
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon May 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Forget Ascent - Black Sky.

Fcwarden1 suggested a much better name.

Ascent - Fluffy Kitten Strikes Back!

I vote that this becomes the working title name. Feel free to rename it at launch time! :lol:
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

darkwhistle

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Postby darkwhistle » Tue May 09, 2017 3:29 am

Would you pretty please make the "H" key exit the help menu if the help menu is already open? I cant tell you how many times I've borked an asteroid because I hit 'h" instead of "j" while mining, and since you cant close it without the mouse, you shank the asteroid one way or the other. Thank you.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Tue May 09, 2017 1:36 pm

darkwhistle wrote:Would you pretty please make the "H" key exit the help menu if the help menu is already open? I cant tell you how many times I've borked an asteroid because I hit 'h" instead of "j" while mining, and since you cant close it without the mouse, you shank the asteroid one way or the other. Thank you.

:mrgreen: Just a thought: Aren't barons required to have a avatar image?

:arrow: You get one easily using:
www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/search.php?search= ...
;)
PreviousNext