Add consumption of robots

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Add consumption of robots

Postby Loke » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Mining and farming robots have almost no use, and demand vs supply is out of balance. Biggest demand is 4 per carbon mine, as a build cost. After adding a few robot factories you will overproduce quickly.

I suggest making the mines and farms wear out the robots, should be quick for Jam to add. Could be done in 2 ways:
-Every mine/farm wear out 10% of their initial number of robots per day.
or
-Consumption of 1/10000 of the output. Like electronics takes 0.25 alu to make, a carbon mine would take 0.0001 mining robot to make 1 ton carbon.

This would hopefully increase production cost for T1 and increase player to player trade.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Add consumption of robots

Postby gotpurplefleas » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 pm

hi all...o/

Cool idea...Maybe a maintenance program be implemented?...Over time certain parts wear out and can be repaired and replaced by sending them to a shop or garage? Batteries or caps, gears and computers, maybe upgrades?, new building at colonies, new parts, npc type AI coding...lots of things possible here. Maybe even using more than the allotted amount of robots on the same job, or giving them new positions to fill?

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:00 am

gotpurplefleas wrote:hi all...o/

Cool idea...Maybe a maintenance program be implemented?...Over time certain parts wear out and can be repaired and replaced by sending them to a shop or garage? Batteries or caps, gears and computers, maybe upgrades?, new building at colonies, new parts, npc type AI coding...lots of things possible here. Maybe even using more than the allotted amount of robots on the same job, or giving them new positions to fill?

fleas

Upgradable robots sounds good. Using t/n
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:31 pm

davh62 wrote:
gotpurplefleas wrote:hi all...o/

fleas

Upgradable robots sounds good. Using t/n

It would. Though I was trying to come up with something Jam could add within less than 30min. But I dont know the code so it could be my suggestion is just another timeconsuming idea we come up with that Jam never gets time to.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427