New MainInstructions

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

New MainInstructions

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm

When asteroid mining the Temperature and asteroid mass readouts are in a font that my geriatric eyes cannot make out easily,

I would like to suggest that we do away with the display in the top right altogether; the picture of the asteroid serves no useful purpose as most times it bears no relation to the actual target. Instead have two new 'mainnstructions' to display the Beam Temperature and Asteroid Mass in the bottom left display area.

tI would be nice is we could have pre-programmed Maininstruction Groups for different jobs: eg one for exploring and one for asteroid mining, which we can swap between easily.
no avatar
User

DemonicReaper

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

Iowa, United States

Re: New MainInstructions

Postby DemonicReaper » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:30 am

Mooncrest wrote:When asteroid mining the Temperature and asteroid mass readouts are in a font that my geriatric eyes cannot make out easily,

I would like to suggest that we do away with the display in the top right altogether; the picture of the asteroid serves no useful purpose as most times it bears no relation to the actual target. Instead have two new 'mainnstructions' to display the Beam Temperature and Asteroid Mass in the bottom left display area.

tI would be nice is we could have pre-programmed Maininstruction Groups for different jobs: eg one for exploring and one for asteroid mining, which we can swap between easily.

This would be a very welcome addition. I often catch myself wishing that I could at least drag the window where the temperature appears to a different location. I think it would be nice if we could drag every ui element to a place of our liking. I am currently playing on my large tv, so it would help me out.