Redocking a Hawk in deep space

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Redocking a Hawk in deep space

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:17 pm

In order to ease the tedium of landing at my colonies I parked a Manta close to the Landing Bay. This allows me to warp to the Manta then it is only a short hop to the Landing Bat rather than spending forever thrusting doen to the Planet's surface from the Colony Warp Point.

However, I now want to move the Manta but I am having great difficulty getting close enough to it to dock with it in my Hawk.

Basically as soon as I get any where near it it flies away some 10 to 20km. If I warp after it the same thing happens.

Is it possible to have the Hawk dock automatically with the parked ship when the Ship Name is clicked?

This would still allow ships to move close to the parked ship when the Warp button is clicked, but easily allow the Hawk to dock with the parked ship.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Redocking a Hawk in deep space

Postby Moneyman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:05 pm

:mrgreen: I'm certain you considered it, but why not have a Landing Bay for the Manta and one for the ship you are using?

Then use the TG (not a favorite UI of mine) to switch between ships?
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, MM.

However, the problem is that the Manta is not docked in a Landing Bay. It is parked in space just above the colony. I parked it there using the Hawk; flying the Manta, with the Hawk attached, into position and then transferring to the Hawk by clicking on it. Now I want to reattach the Hawk, so that I can then pilot the Manta. Unfortunately I cannot get close enough, nor manoeuvre into the correct position, to perform this action. As soon as I get within a few kilometres of the Manta it disappears and reappears about 25km distant from the Hawk.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Mooncrest wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, MM.

However, the problem is that the Manta is not docked in a Landing Bay. It is parked in space just above the colony. I parked it there using the Hawk; flying the Manta, with the Hawk attached, into position and then transferring to the Hawk by clicking on it. Now I want to reattach the Hawk, so that I can then pilot the Manta. Unfortunately I cannot get close enough, nor manoeuvre into the correct position, to perform this action. As soon as I get within a few kilometres of the Manta it disappears and reappears about 25km distant from the Hawk.

:mrgreen: Ah, JAM strikes again ... Thou shalt not give a player an even break :)