"Minor updates" upcoming

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

"Minor updates" upcoming

Postby jam » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Please reply with anything missing that you'd like to see, that you think is a quick thing to do. I'll edit this top post and add them if they fit.

I am happy to spend a couple of days on this sort of thing after colonies go live, as I will no doubt be tweaking colonies in a few smaller updates thereafter.

A few things have been done already in the next update so I'm not listing them here. Computers are far less likely to lock up your PC while they process a ton of data, the server processes your buildings when you complete one now, asteroid mining overloading is gone or vastly reduced and a few other minor things.

If something's not really minor I'll reply and let you know.

- Annoying "are you sure" dialogue boxes in a few places. Placing market order, interrupting research in progress are two examples, where else? I don't want to put them everywhere...
    - Enlarge price boxes on market interface
    - Increase starbase rings from max 6 to max 100
    - Remove seller's starbases when you've got nothing left there
    - Search function for map
    - Bookmarks on the map
    - Asteroid belts outside Apollo sector
    - Decrease brightness on starbase lights
    - Stop ships spinning while refitting in a public shipyard. What is it a showroom or something?
    - Some way to transport modules as a special new type of cargo (no promises; this is probably a bit of extra work, maybe a whole day on its own. They need to be fitted to the ship like a module but then ignored - hmmmm)
    - Anchor icon for grav anchor instead of the annoying text
    - Capacitor empty message repeats killed, buried, and grave danced around on gleefully
    - Enable / disable UI. This should be keybound and would allow for some great screenshots.
    - Logout / exit
    - Chat filter on / off
    - Chat filter smarter
    - Ingame wiki
    - Stock market skybeam

- GM sell order lock to single player name
    - "Mark all read" button for mail
    - Stock market mails to include colony name
    - Send and receive player mail
    - Visual indication buildings can be upgraded
    - Custom rename or note for bookmarks
    - Asset list stuff (colonies, sellers starbase)
    - GM search on seller?
    - Report construction times in a human readable format
    - A bit more information on the map, especially for the Apollo sector - like where the asteroid belts are?
    - Look into why the client gets distances wrong on the map
    - Check and warning for buying a ship from the GM that you couldn't undock with
    - Spend another day trying to get mac stuff working (was a complete disaster last attempt)
    - Look into recovery from packet loss during asteroid mining
    - Ship paint sliders start according to the ship's actual colour
    - Ship painting with hex codes
    - Insensitive computers. Oh er, case insensitive computer
    - No chat scroll down. Actually this might be a terrible idea. Maybe an option, or a thing where if you hold onto the scroll bar and read back it doesn't snap until you let go.
    - Main volume
    - Music volume
    - Ship volume (thrusters)
    - Voice volume
    - Module volume
    - Particles on/off. Now we have 150 building tiles per dome some the particles are going to make things really laggy when building. (99% resolved now with other colony optimisations that limit particles per colony not building)
    - Would it be possible to get texture resolutions for stars & planets?
    - Controls / keybindings
    - Disable ALL text pop-ups
    - Reset selection on changed lists (e.g. GM if you foolishly buy the first item you can't select the new first item
    - Forum style options, preferably including one that's actually readable on a mobile
    - Look into capacitor drains on scene change
    - Some more ingame info on what premium unlocks
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
no avatar
User

Jacarie

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: "Minor updates" upcoming

Postby Jacarie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:45 pm

How hard would it to dim the lights at our personal SS by about 99%.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Postby jam » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Jacarie wrote:How hard would it to dim the lights at our personal SS by about 99%.

Do you mean make them 10x brighter?
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
no avatar
User

Jacarie

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Postby Jacarie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Jacarie wrote:How hard would it to dim the lights at our personal SS by about 99%.

It says dim the lights :P
User

resonate

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:12 am

Postby resonate » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:15 pm

jam wrote:Annoying "are you sure" dialogue boxes in a few places. Placing market order, interrupting research in progress are two examples, where else? I don't want to put them everywhere...

-I would like one in the shipyard for "Buy Ship." I don't know how many times I have clicked that by accident.
-When refitting your ship in the shipyard, could you make it so the ship stops spinning so I can place a module where I actually want it?
-I know it's already in your list but I would like to see the moving modules with other class ships thing.
-Interface with GM - When you are buying or selling more then 1 group of items from the GM you can't click the button in the list that you clicked last time. So if you were buying 5 batches of grain and you bought the top one first, you can't buy the top one the next time you open it.

-Forum related, could you add a style option that isn't light text w/ dark background? That style really hurts my eyes. Thanks.
Last edited by resonate on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

domderek

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:46 am

Postby domderek » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:57 pm

jam wrote:
    - Annoying "are you sure" dialogue boxes in a few places. Placing market order, interrupting research in progress are two examples, where else? I don't want to put them everywhere...
    - Enlarge price boxes on market interface
    - Search function for map

You are my here for this!

- A bit more information on the map, especially for the Apollo sector - like where the asteroid belts are?
    - Look into why the client gets distances wrong on the map
    May want to talk with lostfanatic6 if you see him, he has been doing calculations with the distances and has a pretty good understanding of how this bug works. It has something to do with the game not focusing on the right system to calculate the distances. It fluctuates too, so sometimes it is right, other times it is not.

- Check and warning for buying a ship from the GM that you couldn't undock with
    - Some way to transport modules as a special new type of cargo (no promises; this is probably a bit of extra work, maybe a whole day on its own. They need to be fitted to the ship like a module but then ignored - hmmmm)
    - Anchor icon for grav anchor instead of the annoying text
    - Capacitor empty message repeats killed, buried, and grave danced around on gleefully
    - Spend another day trying to get mac stuff working (was a complete disaster last attempt)
    - Look into recovery from packet loss during asteroid mining

Sounds sweet, a couple other things, if they are easy enough:

- Some sort of mute/sound controls would be nice, at least to turn off Dave?
    -More importantly, how hard would it be to create a toggle for the map that would lock the camera to center around 1 system. For example, I want to explore the systems around apollo with the map still centered on the 0,0,0 sector. It is fairly dissorienting having the map jump on me when trying to get to specific locations.
    - A list of custom "favorite" systems where I can click on the name to select and jump to it, rather than having to find it on the map each time. This would make going to and from domes much easier.

I was going to save these requests until after domes, but since you are asking here, I figured I would mention them. I use the map pretty extensively as exploring is kinda my thing, and i would love to see it be a bit easier to use.
Domderek
Chairman of the M.I.N.E.R.S. Guild Council

M.I.N.E.R.S Guild
User

Vargas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Postby Vargas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:26 pm

- Game sound options
- Logout / exit option
- Warehouse /cargo list in alphabetical order
- Let us cancel contracts
- Let us use a different in game font
- More information on which premium option unlocks
- Can you stop the capacitor from being drained when a scene is loading?
The Peoples New Eden Alliance. We learnt from history.
User

Vargas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Vargas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:29 pm

resonate wrote:When refitting your ship in the shipyard, could you make it so the ship stops spinning so I can place a module where I actually want it?

Also when buying ships from shipyards.

A controllable camera in these scenarios would be great.
User

Vargas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Vargas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Yes for the love of God do this.
Jam pls.
User

Prolapser

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Postby Prolapser » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Thanks for looking into my lag spike issues.

One request that would stop me from shutting off ATSG. Allow me to turn all game sounds off/on or let me adjust the game master volume. I cannot watch videos or listen to music while ATSG is on because the ATSG sound effects are too loud.

TIA
Next