"Minor updates" upcoming

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: "Minor updates" upcoming

Postby rmartz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:32 pm

rmartz wrote:A Read All Button would really be greeatt.

Yesterday the number was in the 8600's Today, 9300's. Maybe that is the total amount of mails of the game, but I do seem to get a lot of them from the Trading Post.

I have several hundred unread messages now.

Another minor update that is GREAT is the Supply All. It is working great. I did run into one issue. I was on Prime filling a dome and hit it. Something was sucking up all the ti and carbon I was trying to supply my buildings. I had about 20 I was trying to supply. I loaded 500 of each, it disappeared. I loaded 1000, then 2000 of each. I loaded 2000 of each several times, hit that Supply all button and still nothing in my new buildings. I sat there and thought, "Something was left unsupplied. What could it be that is that BIG?"

Then I remember the 10+ marker domes on the border I placed long ago!! I was supplying them! I had to manually supply the few buildings with the rest of the mats and they started constructing fine. SO now I will have to no longer mark by borders with planned domes. Something easier to build and leave there. Maybe the new batch of buildings will have something to replace them with. A beacon. Yea. Stop working on everything else, Jam, and make a beacon so the few (one) of us who wants to mark their borders can do it. Well, that or Amish fencing. Either one would be grreeeaaatttt!
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

seikatsukira

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue May 06, 2014 2:43 am

Postby seikatsukira » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Then I remember the 10+ marker domes on the border I placed long ago!! I was supplying them! I had to manually supply the few buildings with the rest of the mats and they started constructing fine. SO now I will have to no longer mark by borders with planned domes. Something easier to build and leave there. Maybe the new batch of buildings will have something to replace them with. A beacon. Yea. Stop working on everything else, Jam, and make a beacon so the few (one) of us who wants to mark their borders can do it. Well, that or Amish fencing. Either one would be grreeeaaatttt!

Pro marks his boarders, I like to mark plots as do many others. I think several people would like some sort of markers/beacons

I approve this suggestion!

+1
Seikatsukira[/size]
User

Johneaux

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Straya mate

Postby Johneaux » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:44 am

rmartz wrote:Then I remember the 10+ marker domes on the border I placed long ago!! I was supplying them! I had to manually supply the few buildings with the rest of the mats and they started constructing fine. SO now I will have to no longer mark by borders with planned domes. Something easier to build and leave there. Maybe the new batch of buildings will have something to replace them with. A beacon. Yea. Stop working on everything else, Jam, and make a beacon so the few (one) of us who wants to mark their borders can do it. Well, that or Amish fencing. Either one would be grreeeaaatttt!

yes, i had one dome I left half in/half out of water that I hadn't deleted, so 5000 graphene/500 coils gone...
Johneaux
Senator - Epoch, Far Kurnell
============================
Previously known as Newuser57
Working for the interest of the common citizen since January 2013
no avatar
User

Kittamaru

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Postby Kittamaru » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Why not simply have the claim show a "laser border" to mark its radius?
User

seikatsukira

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue May 06, 2014 2:43 am

Postby seikatsukira » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:25 pm

The deed boarder is not the only thing marked. Plots with high resource numbers, and edges of plots to separate them are also commonly marked.
Seikatsukira[/size]
no avatar
User

Kittamaru

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Postby Kittamaru » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:34 pm

Personally, and note, I have NO idea what it'd take to do this... but I think it'd be awesome if, once you "soil sample" a sector on the overlay, it shows its values somehow in/on that grid square.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:26 pm

seikatsukira wrote:

Pro marks his boarders, I like to mark plots as do many others. I think several people would like some sort of markers/beacons

I approve this suggestion!

+1

Alias for hyperdrive locations And very similar suggestion Colony Quick Jump

Autopilot Organization

Dome true false habitablity visual

Haulers Wishlist

Production Queues

Salvagable Combat Wreckage

A few I remember discussed but not adding links.

Domes/Colonies/Starbase:
1. Allow pasting of the entire list of commands so each does not have to be entered individually.
2. Daily production totals for entire starbase/colony. Management tool to turn on/off production.
3. Empty all for mines/farms/factories.

I am sure there are more and I missed a few. Others are free to add or vote up. Jam says he likes to hear many voices calling for things. It helps him know what we, as players, really want. So vote up! Which ones are really important to us?
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:19 pm

3. Empty all for mines/farms/factories.

100% VOTED UP as the MOST important needed feature and I think this impacts the most people.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:51 am

Because Jam just doesn't have enough to do, I wanted to add this to the wishlist. It would be nice as Senator or Governor, to be able to call us who owns what colony you are supposed to be representing. It makes it easier to know who to talk about system or planet things with.

I was thinking something as simple as a computer command that you can list the colonies and owners. I don't think more info is needed. The rest would be up to the colony owner to share or not.

I think this should only be available to those elected into these two positions. I do not think it should be for the Colonial President either. This is just a tool to work with the people who do have colonies in the system or planet we have been elected to represent.

A second command of who the Senator or Governor of a system planet would be nice too. This allows a person who is considering colonizing, who will be representing them. Some may not want to settle places I am in those positions. I would not. I can't stand me at times.

Just some UI suggestions as we move forward.
Check out RAM Memories.
no avatar
User

057Kingpin

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Postby 057Kingpin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Jam said that abandoned starbases and colonies with no buildings will be deleted? Is this retroactive, or do we have to tell him about the old ones?
PreviousNext