Let's talk meaningful and dynamic economy

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: Let's talk meaningful and dynamic economy

Postby Moneyman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm

:mrgreen: Thanks Wulf and Moon for your posts ... Rum, they've contributed a lot of ideas in the past.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Let's talk meaningful and dynamic economy

Postby Loke » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Mooncrest wrote:
  1. Add maintenance cost for buildings and modules in colonies and OSBs. Charged daily (Real Time). I think we can ignore Settlements for this. Very good suggestion, I support this
  2. Add maintenance cost for ships. Charged either daily as buildings/modules or every time a ship docks at a Starstation or Starbase as with Hyperdrive Damage. This charge to be in addition to the current repair costs.Makes sense
  3. Set a basic minimum wage for all three groups of colonistsYes, since we can put in so low numbers it didnt add anything to the gameplay when this was implemented, wasted coding time if not a minimum wage is set as you suggest. I support.
  4. Allow Players to research Mew Products. Looks like a lot of work coding and balacing, and I dont really see how this adds gameplay. And we could end up with thousands of products, sounds like a mess. Unless I misunderstood completely

Wulf wrote:I worry with a maintenance cost or a set day value, it will hurt those that do not play daily, (as a previous post) I feel just building in a cost of production into items would work without hurting those that are more casual. j..................but i an extremely opposed to just daily fees, that just srceems 'hurt colony owners more', i mean colony are already giant money pits, just building them i will never see my money back both as ingame and the SC's payed. still my advice - do not build colonies - only need extremely basic one for extra research and a single osb. adding more punishment (fees) to colonies just makes that statement more true.

Maintance cost of colonies are close to 0, unless you buy food for very high prices. Haul 1 carbon load to LM and you have paid for 1 month of maintance of all my colonies (I migth be wrong as we have no tools to calculate this). I agree inital cost of building them is not earned back do to close to 0 profit on prodution. Why not just haul cheap carbon and not build any colony yourself, kills reason to build anything :(

I think we really need some cost to colonies/OSBs or at least to production. Having SMs selling T1 at <10 prices and easily cover cost of prod kills all point prices at SMs.

Adding a cost to each ton that is produced would be a good solution. I think it needs to be a fixed amount of credits and not a % of sale price (selling at 1 per ton would remove the point of it).
How about 10 credits production cost per ton carbon and titanium as an example? Or would that hurt inactive players to much? probably would... as we ha noe way of shutting down production. Bah, Im just rambling at this point, trying to find a good simple way of increasing production cost without a lot of coding and high complexity.

Mooncrest wrote:A question: Do the colonists pay for the luxuries we supply; Beer, Wine, Cigars and Neurostims? If they do, how much is it?

No, they just consume it while producing faster.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
Previous