Comments to RAMs update on development

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

Xtreme

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Re: Comments to RAMs update on development

Postby Xtreme » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 am

Don't forget to implement colony commands like "only produce XY up to X storage units" so the warehouse is not being flooded with useless stuff
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Xtreme wrote:Don't forget to implement colony commands like "only produce XY up to X storage units" so the warehouse is not being flooded with useless stuff

We would love that. Maybe one day.

I have come to realize that future space peoples have lost intelligence. NPC haulers and colonists have such a limited understanding of things. I hope they are going to get smarter very soon.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:20 pm

RAM wrote:
Xtreme wrote:Don't forget to implement colony commands like "only produce XY up to X storage units" so the warehouse is not being flooded with useless stuff

We would love that. Maybe one day.

I have come to realize that future space peoples have lost intelligence. NPC haulers and colonists have such a limited understanding of things. I hope they are going to get smarter very soon.

Its all them additives you keep putting in your shoo fly exports :lol:
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

DemonicReaper

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

Iowa, United States

Postby DemonicReaper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:33 pm

I forgot to mention that osb's that have coil plants continue to use mats even if you don't have t/n in the warehouse. So an osb that sits without t/n will continue to gobble up the other required mats for superconducting coils.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 am

Just a quick note. Jam thinks he fixed the Autopilot load issue tonight. Should roll out in the new client. He has a few other things he is wanting to address before he releases the new client. I suspect by tomorrow, the day after at the latest, we will see a new client to continue to debug.

These clients are ALPHA. Expect brokenness and issues.

First client with the new Unity engine is 1.5001.

Things are a progressing.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Client 1.5003

Autopilot fixed. Jump fixed. Need to check to see if the Sample overlay map is working correctly.

Jam wants to release a full Beta this weekend. He will be going over to TMG full time Monday.

All future updates will be weekend projects for Jam.

What is planned to be included in this beta:

New Engine.
Terraform completed, yes this means algae!
New NPC Commands (already on the test server. Just have to be moved over. (Not sure which ones yet. I will get that info when they are added.)

Future (This is all in discussion at this time):

Crowdfund a Class 16 AND class 17 Freighter. These will really be needed for terraforming. These two will be the same design, but just different size hulls. Jam is talking to artists this coming week about these. I am concerned with the player base right now of having a large goal or crowdfunding. We will just have to see how things progress.

Some things I have found with the lastest client.

Autopilot is lots better. Jumping even seems faster. Landing and EVA is a little more bouncy, but not bad. I have noticed I do not always get a gravity lock to some planets. Grav lock is when it shows up in the Location, upper left of screen.

I started exploring new systems and it is working. I could not get a grav lock to Runt in ND. It is now locking and ElDorado in MP is not. I got a weird soil sample on Runt with no grav lock. This is my big concern. Also, you need a grav lock to release probes, so this is a needed thing. We may not be able to get that fixed for the beta release unless we can figure out a pattern or reason why it is happening. So if anyone is experiencing this, please let me know here or in chat in game.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:51 pm

RAM wrote:Crowdfund a Class 16 AND class 17 Freighter. These will really be needed for terraforming. These two will be the same design, but just different size hulls.

Bigger ships are needed, actually I have been thinking about what size would be adding most to the game, and I think we can skip the class 16, I dont see it useful if we get a 17. And we need a class 17, not just for terraforming but to have ship size that catches up with the increase in hauling, production, trading etc since the class 15 ship was released. No idea what terraforming brings though, might bring a need for class 18 or 19 :shock:
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Loke wrote:Bigger ships are needed, actually I have been thinking about what size would be adding most to the game, and I think we can skip the class 16, I dont see it useful if we get a 17. And we need a class 17, not just for terraforming but to have ship size that catches up with the increase in hauling, production, trading etc since the class 15 ship was released. No idea what terraforming brings though, might bring a need for class 18 or 19 :shock:

Big reason why Jam is thinking of bringing in the 17 with the 16. It is needed for both. He also looked at the amount of atmo to be moved and the limitations of algae. The bigger ships are to help with that, but atmo content will matter too. Finding planets that require less and still worth terraforming will really limit selection. "I" am not sure that is a good path. Will wait to see how things progress.

Again, we loose Jam on Monday, so we have to really focus in on the big issues. He will be doing weekend work on Ascent, but the guy can't work 7 days a week every week.

Black Sky will not be released until after TMG is done, 6 months or so down the road, or so is the latest response from Jam about Black Sky.
no avatar
User

darkwhistle

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Postby darkwhistle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:26 pm

Better fix the mining beam/ salvage beam color problem or there wont be any new players to support any sort of crowdfunding.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:45 pm

darkwhistle wrote:Better fix the mining beam/ salvage beam color problem or there wont be any new players to support any sort of crowdfunding.

I am not having that much trouble with it, but it seems the halo effect of the latest engine is causing the blurring. I have passed that on to Jam. I think we will see more tuning soon.
PreviousNext