Version 1.5 New Unity Engine

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Version 1.5 New Unity Engine

Postby RAM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am

Client 1.5003

Autopilot fixed. Jump fixed. Need to check to see if the Sample overlay map is working correctly.

Jam wants to release a full Beta this weekend. He will be going over to TMG full time Monday.

All future updates will be weekend projects for Jam.

What is planned to be included in this beta:

New Engine.
Terraform completed, yes this means algae!
New NPC Commands (already on the test server. Just have to be moved over. (Not sure which ones yet. I will get that info when they are added.)

Future (This is all in discussion at this time):

Crowdfund a Class 16 AND class 17 Freighter. These will really be needed for terraforming. These two will be the same design, but just different size hulls. Jam is talking to artists this coming week about these. I am concerned with the player base right now of having a large goal or crowdfunding. We will just have to see how things progress.

Some things I have found with the lastest client.

Autopilot is lots better. Jumping even seems faster. Landing and EVA is a little more bouncy, but not bad. I have noticed I do not always get a gravity lock to some planets. Grav lock is when it shows up in the Location, upper left of screen.

I started exploring new systems and it is working. I could not get a grav lock to Runt in ND. It is now locking and ElDorado in MP is not. I got a weird soil sample on Runt with no grav lock. This is my big concern. Also, you need a grav lock to release probes, so this is a needed thing. We may not be able to get that fixed for the beta release unless we can figure out a pattern or reason why it is happening. So if anyone is experiencing this, please let me know here or in chat in game.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: Version 1.5 New Unity Engine

Postby davh62 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Algae!
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 pm

:mrgreen: wb kicking the tires but I have (Heh, heh) my own thoughts about when the millennium should arrive.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:24 pm

New client seems to be working fine for what I have tested so far, that means it does what the 1.4076 did.
Graphics seems to run a bit smoother for me, background, planets and clouds seems to have gotten a more fancy look too. Very promising!

But the increased glare is not good, takes lot of attention on screen and gets annoying. And I cant seem to mine with the increased glare as I dont see color change on the beam, just glare:
Beam color looks unchanged from 0 to 2230 degrees on fully grown roids when I tested in 1.5004, giving only a tiny window to react.

Hopefully it can be toned down to 1.4076 level:

davh62 wrote:Algae!

Yeah! looking forward to that one! :D
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Just tested gem mining in 1.5004, no glare issue, but almost no change on beam color before end of heating, so no feedback on how fast it heats up. Nothing to base the timing of when to stop beaming. Went back to 1.4073 and can see change in beam from start to end, that I can use to see how fast it heats uip, much better.

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Several new NPC commands are in:

What is your trade route (Still a little bugged.)

How many passenger quarters (Tells you how many passengers can be carried.)

Eject cargo (Ejects ALL cargo. Have asked for the ability to eject specific cargo. That might be low on the list right now.)
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:25 pm

RAM wrote:Several new NPC commands are in:

What is your trade route (Still a little bugged.)

How many passenger quarters (Tells you how many passengers can be carried.)

Eject cargo (Ejects ALL cargo. Have asked for the ability to eject specific cargo. That might be low on the list right now.)

Eject cargo for all is a most welcome addition.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Jam had to roll back the new NPC commands for a bit. Something was bugging the ability to give new commands. He has to start working in TMG today. I will share as I find he is able to squeeze in more Ascent stuff.

He wants a video of the mining beam while mining so he can see what we are seeing. Can someone make one? I will be trying today also.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:17 pm

RAM wrote:He wants a video of the mining beam while mining so he can see what we are seeing. Can someone make one? I will be trying today also.

You can see the color change on reflection on the ship, but I dont see the beam changing in 1.5004.

1.5004:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOeJGhYgucQ
1.4076:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3IrKDaxTBE

Both videos has same conditions and are from 0 to overheated, 1.4076 is for comparison. Whish I could add both videos in same video in a splitscreen, would be easier to compare, but dont know how.

Gem mining works fine now it seems, was only a white beam that didnt change color when I tested yesterday (same client version). Looks normal now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh0EakzPWFY

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:57 am

Loke wrote:
RAM wrote:He wants a video of the mining beam while mining so he can see what we are seeing. Can someone make one? I will be trying today also.

You can see the color change on reflection on the ship, but I dont see the beam changing in 1.5004.

1.5004:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOeJGhYgucQ
1.4076:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3IrKDaxTBE

Both videos has same conditions and are from 0 to overheated, 1.4076 is for comparison. Whish I could add both videos in same video in a splitscreen, would be easier to compare, but dont know how.

Gem mining works fine now it seems, was only a white beam that didnt change color when I tested yesterday (same client version). Looks normal now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh0EakzPWFY

Passed these on to Jam. Thanks. I let him know you did them in case he has any questions.
Next