1.5100x Update in Beta

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

863

Joined

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.51002 Update in Unstable

Postby RAM » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Mooncrest wrote:Having spent a couple of hours roaming around my colonies and OSBs I thought that the random gas skimming had been fixed, but a short trip to TC17 to install Computer and Electronics modules at the TC16 gate proved otherwise, sadly.

This may make this difficult to fix as now it does not seem to happen close to the Inner 9 system, maybe; all of my colonies are within 100ly or so of the Inner 9.


Can you get a screenshot of this? Since it was existing, it is not an issue with the new engine.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

863

Joined

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.5100x Update in Unstable

Postby RAM » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm

I have had 3 lock ups as I gated. Anyone else noticing that or is it specific to me?
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

863

Joined

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.5100x Update in Unstable

Postby RAM » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:56 pm

RAM wrote:I have had 3 lock ups as I gated. Anyone else noticing that or is it specific to me?


All three are gating into Prime. Last 2 were from Menzel 3 to Prime.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User avatar
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore
Posts

1732

Joined

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Location

MITH Menzel 3

Re: 1.51002 Update in Unstable

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:16 pm

RAM wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:Having spent a couple of hours roaming around my colonies and OSBs I thought that the random gas skimming had been fixed, but a short trip to TC17 to install Computer and Electronics modules at the TC16 gate proved otherwise, sadly.

This may make this difficult to fix as now it does not seem to happen close to the Inner 9 system, maybe; all of my colonies are within 100ly or so of the Inner 9.


Can you get a screenshot of this? Since it was existing, it is not an issue with the new engine.


I should be able to. I will post in the Bugs Forum.

It would be nice if JAM could tell us what he has added/fixed with the new client. It looked like that had been fixed because I had not had an occurrence of the bug all the time I was servicing my colonies.
User avatar
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore
Posts

1732

Joined

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Location

MITH Menzel 3

Re: 1.5100x Update in Unstable

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:17 pm

RAM wrote:
RAM wrote:I have had 3 lock ups as I gated. Anyone else noticing that or is it specific to me?


All three are gating into Prime. Last 2 were from Menzel 3 to Prime.

I've not had any lock ups, just crashes when loading/rendering my colonies/OSBs.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

863

Joined

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.5100x Update in Unstable

Postby RAM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Mooncrest wrote:
RAM wrote:
RAM wrote:I have had 3 lock ups as I gated. Anyone else noticing that or is it specific to me?


All three are gating into Prime. Last 2 were from Menzel 3 to Prime.

I've not had any lock ups, just crashes when loading/rendering my colonies/OSBs.


I dropped my quality level and had over 50 jumps without a lockup. Jam said it should not be the issue, but I am going to keep watching for it. Seems I am the only one having the issue right now.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User avatar
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander
Posts

375

Joined

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: 1.5100x Update in Unstable

Postby Loke » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm

A few things that I think could be improved in 1.51003:
  • 3 for zoom out doesnt work after hyperjumping into a new system. works after clicking 2 first.
  • The bug with roid names not always showing + the new background makes it very hard to see fresh roids, without radar I wouldnt be able to find any roids without names. Except urelite thats yellow and easy to see, maybe make other roids color easier to see?
  • Everything seems a bit dark to me, sligthly increase ambient light?
  • Everything is very shiny. Even rocky planets that are sand/gravel surface is shining. Maybe reduse a bit?

Overall I enjoy the new client, sligthly better performance and it loads my main colony everytime I visit(1.4 refuses to load it in a few days after I made a change like new research).

Visitied more than 200 new systems searching for new roid, no luck so far. Although theres been a lot of roids I can see on radar but havent been able to see and click (for reasons mentioned above), so possibly I have passed the new roids without knowing it.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

863

Joined

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.5100x Update in Beta

Postby RAM » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:26 am

Jam has updated the client again. He did a memory tweak that may help with the video crashes a few of us have had. Brightened Plato station too.

He moved it to Beta. No longer in Unstable.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

863

Joined

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.5100x Update in Beta

Postby RAM » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:01 am

I am getting lock ups on two systems. Could you try to jump to these systems and see if you get lock ups or are able to see the system. Both have green Nebulas. This is the only thing I can find similar between the two systems.

RAM-hgh-1036
RAM-2v4-1037

Please post version number. 1.51007 is in beta currently.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain
Posts

863

Joined

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.5100x Update in Beta

Postby RAM » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Loke, would you mind jumping back into one of these and getting a screenshot of the nebula?
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | Style by KomiDesign | Modified by Chris Valleriani
cron