1.5100x Update in Beta

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: 1.5100x Update in Beta

Postby Loke » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:45 pm

RAM wrote:Loke, would you mind jumping back into one of these and getting a screenshot of the nebula?

Dont see any nebulas at all in 1.51007 in those 2 systems (havent cecked other systems).
I see them in 1.4 though.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:23 pm

I have visited both systems. I could not find a nebula of any colour in either. Here are my screen shots.

RAM-hgh-1036

RAM-2v4-1037
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:06 pm

Thanks Mooncrest and Loke. This told us what we needed to know. I need a better video card. Seems 2 GB vram works, but not every time.

Jam should be moving the new client to Live. Once he does that, he will get to work on new additions.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:24 am

RAM wrote:Jam should be moving the new client to Live.

Fix mining color timing first. Not important for us mining in a Lev and can use reflection. But for new players learning mining in a mammoth or other ships withouth reflection of mining beam it will be impossible to learn mining. 0 difference in color for the last 300 degrees just doesnt work.

Mining is the feature in the game so many players have said is well made (better then big bugdet games version of mining). Always make sure live version of the game comes with well functioning mining.

When new client is live, please make a post on steam about it. Doesnt need more than a sentence saying client updated with improved performence. That will do. Shows the game is not dead and pushes the weird cheesy Trump message down a bit. Could increase sale some, as there has been a few posts on steam that are complaining about game being too poltical. Which only makes sence when reading "Recent news" under the game in steam. In game politics have almost 0 impact and are ignored most of the time. So I think people considering buying gets the wrong impression currently.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:50 am

Please try 1.51012 in beta. Mining beam color much better. All blue a fraction of a second pops the rock. New rocks really hard to time perfectly because of it. Older rocks pretty easy.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:27 pm

RAM wrote:Please try 1.51012 in beta. Mining beam color much better. All blue a fraction of a second pops the rock.

Much better for sure. Fine tuning it and delaying it 50 or 75 degrees more would make it better for brigth systems. Very noticeable on fully grown roids. Its fully blue just before max yeild temp, but keeps geting more intense blue until 2150 at least. Hard to see change in color after 2150 unless in very daark system (try Darkfield system).

Small roids works well now. They heat so quickly they will not be affected much by the fine tuning I suggest.

Tested in different systems with different types and sizes of roids, and different brightness with Lev and Bow. Also tested with mammoth, yeti and manta in Veritas. Yeti was difficult with MB class 1 and beam only 1 pixel wide :P but I was able to mine fresh roid within max yeild temp.

RAM wrote: New rocks really hard to time perfectly because of it. Older rocks pretty easy.

Takes a bit to get used to timing of fresh roids, also need to adjust there is always a sligth delay from you stop beam until it stops heating (wonder if delay changes with ping?), but I found color plenty precise to hit max yield temp. Actually I find the timing now being better for fresh roids than grown, but I also set higher expectations for hitting a certain temp on grown once. For fresh once its fine as long as within max yeild temp area.

Should be ok for live, in my opinion.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Loke wrote:
RAM wrote:Please try 1.51012 in beta. Mining beam color much better. All blue a fraction of a second pops the rock.

Much better for sure. Fine tuning it and delaying it 50 or 75 degrees more would make it better for brigth systems. Very noticeable on fully grown roids. Its fully blue just before max yeild temp, but keeps geting more intense blue until 2150 at least. Hard to see change in color after 2150 unless in very daark system (try Darkfield system).

Small roids works well now. They heat so quickly they will not be affected much by the fine tuning I suggest.

Tested in different systems with different types and sizes of roids, and different brightness with Lev and Bow. Also tested with mammoth, yeti and manta in Veritas. Yeti was difficult with MB class 1 and beam only 1 pixel wide :P but I was able to mine fresh roid within max yeild temp.

RAM wrote: New rocks really hard to time perfectly because of it. Older rocks pretty easy.

Takes a bit to get used to timing of fresh roids, also need to adjust there is always a sligth delay from you stop beam until it stops heating (wonder if delay changes with ping?), but I found color plenty precise to hit max yield temp. Actually I find the timing now being better for fresh roids than grown, but I also set higher expectations for hitting a certain temp on grown once. For fresh once its fine as long as within max yeild temp area.

Should be ok for live, in my opinion.

Thanks Loke. This is what I found. We fine tuned it about 4 times the other night. I think we need one more step to get it just right. Your comments confirm it to me. I found the same variance for mining older rocks. I think it may be ping or something that does that. It is staying barely purple right up to max time. I think we need to back that down to no purple. Easy adjustment now that Jam figured out how to do it.

I also mined with bloom on most the time. I find it works just as well with it on.

I want to wait to hear from Mooncrest and Rhaven, then I will report back to Jam so we can get this client to live.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:07 pm

RAM wrote: I found the same variance for mining older rocks.
Not sure what you mean, I dont notice any variance in timing.
RAM wrote:I think it may be ping or something that does that.
I have low ping, only see there is a tiny delay from I release until it stops heating (very short time), which I need to have in mind when mining fresh roids that heat fast. Its consistent though, doesnt change. So easy to predict when I get used to the new timing.

RAM wrote:It is staying barely purple right up to max time. I think we need to back that down to no purple.
Not sure what you mean here. I see only blue from 2050 to 2100 (depending on brigthness in the system and such), the purple in the middle of the beam is all gone for me at that point. After that it only gets more intence blue. Which is why its harder now on brigth systems where you cant see the difference between blue and blue. Its much easier to notice when purple bit goes away. If end of purple gets delayed to 2150 it will make it much better for minnig in brigth systems from what I can see.

RAM wrote:I also mined with bloom on most the time. I find it works just as well with it on.
I have not tested with bloom.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Loke wrote:Not sure what you mean here. I see only blue from 2050 to 2100 (depending on brigthness in the system and such), the purple in the middle of the beam is all gone for me at that point. After that it only gets more intence blue. Which is why its harder now on brigth systems where you cant see the difference between blue and blue. Its much easier to notice when purple bit goes away. If end of purple gets delayed to 2150 it will make it much better for minnig in brigth systems from what I can see.

Newest Beta (1.51012) has adjusted this. I am getting just slight purple on 39 second burns which pop about 2200k+-.

Sounds like you are not getting the same. This is what I was wanting to know.

I get a little variance that some 7+ day rocks overcook with just a slight bit of purple still in beam, not reflection. Some do not. They overcook on solid blue.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:42 pm

RAM wrote:Newest Beta (1.51012) has adjusted this. I am getting just slight purple on 39 second burns which pop about 2200k+-.
Sounds like you are not getting the same.

1.51012 is huge different from 1.5107, its much better. But it sounds like we have different result.

I did more tests while recording:

Here is how it looks just before i stop beam at 1990:

temp 2026:

temp 2158:

Full video of mining until 2158:
https://imgur.com/a/kInWhWO

Edit:
just before it overheat:

All done in MZ3 with a mammoth and MB11. Please take a look and see if you guys get simialr or different
PreviousNext