Algae is on its way

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Algae is on its way

Postby RAM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:44 am

We will soon have a new asteroid type that, when mined, will provide ADNA for algae design.

These are rare spawns of another asteroid, I just don't know what type. We will have to figure that out. The new asteroids are in game with the next update. These types only spawn ~90 sectors away from Apollo. Rumor has it they will have a light blue tint.

It also appears this ADNA will have another use too. We will have to find that too.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Algae is on its way

Postby gotpurplefleas » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am

hi all...o/
How rare?...I've never even seen an Aurostibite and only a Bast because someone showed me one. I would really like to be able to contribute to these projects, but am fearful of new rare roids. Now I know I haven't mined as much or as consistently as several players in the game, but I have found and maintained hundreds of asteroid fields over the years and my MS is 109 on my main account (probably still in the top 10 percent of all players that have joined the game).

Also, another point I think I should make is that ANY player that gets to this point in this game should at least feel as if all the resources of the game will be available to him/her independently of other players should he/she choose to play that type of gameplay. Otherwise the game feels un-winnable and that leads to a despondency that makes it easy to just give up on a particular endeavor.

I would like to ask Jam to consider this whilst deploying.

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:10 pm

gotpurplefleas wrote:hi all...o/
How rare?...I've never even seen an Aurostibite and only a Bast because someone showed me one. I would really like to be able to contribute to these projects, but am fearful of new rare roids. Now I know I haven't mined as much or as consistently as several players in the game, but I have found and maintained hundreds of asteroid fields over the years and my MS is 109 on my main account (probably still in the top 10 percent of all players that have joined the game).

Also, another point I think I should make is that ANY player that gets to this point in this game should at least feel as if all the resources of the game will be available to him/her independently of other players should he/she choose to play that type of gameplay. Otherwise the game feels un-winnable and that leads to a despondency that makes it easy to just give up on a particular endeavor.

fleas

I am totally with fleas on this one. The spawn rate of Bastaenite and Aurostibite asteroids is too low. Like fleas, none of my fields have spawned either and I was given a field that had a Bastaenite roid in it, until I mined it, and that field has never spawned another, even though I have farmed it for the last two years or more. I have only seen one Aurostibite roid and that was because someone let me look at their pride and joy.

It is very true that failure to achieve produces despondency. The failure to spawn any of these roids in my fields, has caused me to give up completely, in frustration, on any projects that use the minerals they contain. I will, probably, ignore the new roids as well, unless they spawn with reasonable frequency. The spawn rate of Prom roids is probably about right for all these 'rare' roids.

I realise that they should not be too easy to spawn, but not having spawned one of either in all the time they have been available is not a reasonable rate. They should not instantaneously spawn, like the common roids, but it is reasonable to expect that a 'rare' roid will spawn after a few hours of mining a particular field, if the conditions are right for that roid.

As a shipbuilder, I am quite regularly mining Angrite, Columbite and Autunite roids in any of my fields that they occur. My MS is now 227, which indicates how much mining I do.

I realise that things should not be too easy, but a player needs to feel that s/he can achieve all things that can be achieved in the game. The infrequency of rare roid spawns is a long standing gripe of mine. Hopefully, JAM will take these comments on board and consider favourably changing the spawn rate.

The sense of this comment applies to other elements in the game, such as the NPC Pilots and Soil Sampling; which I am not going go further into here so as not to get too much off topic.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:29 pm

fleas

<jam> about 1 asteroid belt in 100 out there will have them

Only fields ~90 sectors or further away from Apollo will have them.

Once we find out what rock spawns them, we can mine like we did for Prom.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:21 pm

My question to Jam. Waiting on an answer.

<_RAM_> So let me ask for one hint. Is this a rare spawn of a rare asteroid field type, or a common asteroid type? If the field has a 1 in 100 chance of being present, then the field is rare and this is a rare spawn of a rarer field.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:51 am

<jam> each field has a 1 in 100 chance of having them
<jam> within such fields it should not be a rare spawn
<jam> it's just far out
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:09 am

RAM wrote:<jam> each field has a 1 in 100 chance of having them
<jam> within such fields it should not be a rare spawn
<jam> it's just far out

This is good news. It will encourage me to look for more fields further out and will make the TC Gate project even more useful as a highway to those fields.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:52 am

fleas

Just a thought on Bast, I have spawned 3 this year in fields that spawn prom. I am guessing it is a rare spawn of a rare spawn as one field was Autunite, one was Angrite and the third was a mix of Angrite, Columbite, and Autunite. I had been mining more prom of late and it seems to be a factor in spawning Bast.
cheers Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Rhavenwing wrote: I am guessing it is a rare spawn of a rare spawn

I agree with this. No facts. Just speculation.

Mooncrest wrote: It will encourage me to look for more fields further out and will make the TC Gate project even more useful as a highway to those fields.

SPeaking about "Midway" system.

<RAM_> 299 is 2990 ly. Vivic and Bozack think it is half way there.
<RAM_> But they could be wrong.
<jam> galaxy is about 100,000ly across
<jam> depending where apollo is... 3k ly might be halfway to the core
<jam> or halfway to somewhere else
<RAM_> DO NOT DESTROY OUR DELUSION!! :P
<jam> either way, all I can guarantee you is that the furhter from apollo you get, the cooler stuff I'll try and add
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:55 pm

I have a suspicion. I think we need to find a neurocrystallite field 90 sectors from Apollo and pound it.

Neurocrystals are used with electronics for neuro implants. I think they will spawn the new rock. Again, no evidence, just speculation. I warp to view range, then fly through looking for Neuros and Auros. It could be Auros, but neuros would make much more sense.

I have searched several hundred systems and have not found one yet. I visited a few known systems with neuros in them to remind me what they look like. In 1.4+ they are shiny silver rocks.
Next