Moving to a new server

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Moving to a new server

Postby Loke » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:31 pm

Mooncrest wrote:I had a message that I had votes outstanding. When I looked at my Votes page it was empty.

I think this happens when you have a OSB without people. Then there aren't anyone to vote and the seat for major stays empty and your OSB will be in the next by-election, when again you cant vote if there aren't any people there. I get the message about votes every month when by-election starts and its always empty in the voting menu. I have just assumed that's because of my 0 pop OSB.
If you haven't gotten this message before, it might be that your OSB was "frozen" like so many others. See how there are like 10 times more orders on stock market search after the move to new server? lots of colonies and OSBs have come online again. Many are selling 100+ million tons sewage :D
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Mining yield calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
RAM wrote: Loving the SiFi but Loke got his first.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:25 pm

Loke wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:I had a message that I had votes outstanding. When I looked at my Votes page it was empty.

I think this happens when you have a OSB without people. Then there aren't anyone to vote and the seat for major stays empty and your OSB will be in the next by-election, when again you cant vote if there aren't any people there. I get the message about votes every month when by-election starts and its always empty in the voting menu. I have just assumed that's because of my 0 pop OSB.
If you haven't gotten this message before, it might be that your OSB was "frozen" like so many others. See how there are like 10 times more orders on stock market search after the move to new server? lots of colonies and OSBs have come online again. Many are selling 100+ million tons sewage :D

Thanks, for this info. I do have a Starbase without workers.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:30 pm

When I do a buy order on my stockmarket I get a fatal error, Image
Edited with a better image.
Last edited by Rhavenwing on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:46 pm

I would like to clarify what we have found with the NPC name change and gender reclassification. Go to your OSB and look for one of your NPC ships. The name on the ship and the name of the ship in the management list will be different. ie: in tc3 There is an Amy Evans transporting goods for me but I haven't an Amy Evans in my pilot management list anywhere. The ship was one of mine just in case someone might think it was another player accessing my OSB.
Hope this helps clear up what we were saying regarding this.....For the ladies, Sorry for mansplaining.....;)
Cheers
Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:02 pm

Rhavenwing wrote:When I do a buy order on my stockmarket I get a fatal error, Image
Edited with a better image.

I get the same message when I try to set up both buy orders and sell orders.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:48 am

Stock Market buy sell orders should be fixed. Worked for me last night. Jam did something.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:30 am

Adding buy/sell orders works fine now, thx.

I did test a bit more about the bug where sell orders don't update. Seems to be an issue only when there are multiple orders for the same item. Its not a new bug that orders don't update when there are multiple of same item, the new bug is that you now can always buy what the sell order says, even though its not updated and the items shouldn't be available. Before the sell order would just disappear when you clicked on it and nothing happened, which was confusing but at least you weren't able to "steal" stuff that's not actually for sale.

Here is my test setup:
28 tonnes yttrium stored at OSB
3x sell orders for yttrium when there is more than 10 in stock
fraaggii account owns the OSB and puts up the orders on SM
Then I use Loke account to go there and buy from the yttrium sell orders
buys 10 yttrium, 1 sell order updates showing 8 left, the 2 other sell orders do not update.
buys the last 8 that is for sale
Then I buy 1 yttrium from the second sell order, which means fraaggii only has 9 left in the OSB even though sell order is only for above 10.
Lastly Loke buys max amount of 18 on the third sell order and now have 37 tonnes of yttrium, while fraaggii has negative amounts of yttrium in the OSB.
Now this was only a test and when Loke gave 37 yttrium back to fraaggii, fraaggii again has the 28 he started with so all good again. But this might be exploited in rare cases.

video of the test:
https://imgur.com/fMmtW5q
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 am

Seems like the daily script for updating colonies and SMs is actually working now. SM orders are updated with sewage and food consumed without me visiting. That's a huge improvement if we now can trust the daily updates. Probably too early to say yet, since 1 of my colonies used to work on old server too and could be just that more of them works after they all got "reloaded" on new server
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:09 am

New weird bug:
Quantity of iron stored at fraaggiis OSB "Fragmented Tradeport" (2526) keeps increasing drastically. Now its 1,256,782,000 stored. That's over a billion more than there is storage space in the OSB. There is no buy order for iron in the SM. I used to have some free space, so increase has to be more than a billion. I also checked the quantity 9-10 hours ago, then it was at 1,109,803,100, so it has increased almost 150 million in just 9 hours :shock:
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Loke wrote:New weird bug:
Quantity of iron stored at fraaggiis OSB "Fragmented Tradeport" (2526) keeps increasing drastically. Now its 1,256,782,000 stored. That's over a billion more than there is storage space in the OSB. There is no buy order for iron in the SM. I used to have some free space, so increase has to be more than a billion. I also checked the quantity 9-10 hours ago, then it was at 1,109,803,100, so it has increased almost 150 million in just 9 hours :shock:

I noticed that in my OSB and colonies. Passed it on to the great one.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
PreviousNext