Some form of Trade System

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

Valleriani

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:22 am

Some form of Trade System

Postby Valleriani » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:58 am

I might of missed a post about this but I just want to throw it out there just in case. A trade system.

I've been here for about a month now and something that is severely lacking is a proper trade system. Alot of the times players are having to go out on steam to make deals and then often have to also do reverse GM orders (aka buying an ore for a set price before hand to ensure something doesn't get sniped). There is alot of risk on both ends on something that should be safe. With all the new players flocking now, I'd say something should be implemented sooner rather then later. Not a rush, but on the todo list. Theres two options I had in mind, though I'm sure others have more ideas that could potentially make it easier.

First idea is the basic trading system that we've all seen. It deals with two people docked in the same station. A simple window that pops up (like a 'Place Sell Order' window) and you select what you want to trade. You should be able to select 3-5 different items, (So that for example, I can trade nio/tin for a ship).

sell.jpg

Any unselected item slots would mean 'no item', So in the image case, it means the third item isn't anything and won't be used. I would think this would be easier then doing it dynamically. Once you click the offer/finalize button, both users get what the other is trading for theirs, then the deal can be accepted or rejected.

---

The second idea is to deal with the GM and is probably a better idea. Simply put, being able to put up reverse trades would be good. For example, I can list on the GM an item such as a Guardian and then select 3-5 items (similar to the above image) of what I want for the guardian, rather then just credits. It's listed and the user must have the goods required in their warehouse or item hanger (pretty much their current location) when accepting it.

Both ideas would work, and I think it would be great to have. Again, I'm not stating this is something easily done or needing to be done ASAP, but it is important ;)
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Some form of Trade System

Postby jam » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Probably the easiest solution is to have sell orders where you can specify one individual who can see it and buy it.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:18 pm

jam wrote:Probably the easiest solution is to have sell orders where you can specify one individual who can see it and buy it.

This would greatly help the trade right now. If this would be a fairly easy addition, it would really help game dynamics as some of us are using nio and tin only as trade for modules because of the competition in the mining fields and the time it takes for mining, hauling production, and managing colonies.

It would help MG as we try to keep modules supplied to newer players.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

Valleriani

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:22 am

Postby Valleriani » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:18 pm

jam wrote:Probably the easiest solution is to have sell orders where you can specify one individual who can see it and buy it.

If anything, that would be good to start. However, it doesn't make anything more secure though since you can't trade a set group of materials for an item. Since nio and tin technically can't be priced properly and you can only get it from mining, it ends up being valued higher then credits.

Maybe even being able to change the 'Price' to nio or tin might work on top of what you said here. I mean it's not a set group of materials, but people might like getting paid in pure nio or tin. Just throwing ideas out there anyways.

Any additions are hugely welcome to make it more secure though!
User

seikatsukira

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue May 06, 2014 2:43 am

Postby seikatsukira » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:52 pm

I think a trade system would be far superior to a sell to who you want system. In many games the in game currency is just not what players are looking for, and a fantastic way around this is a trade system. We have the simple mmo trade where each player lists the items/cash they want to trade and both agree upon it. And then there is the more complicated but amazing trade market, like in The Settlers Online. Where any amount of item type can be posted to trade for any other item type. ie. I can post 1000 horses to trade for 900 bronze swords.

The best system would involve a combination, when I could post 1 ship for 7 modules, or 2 modules for 500 each of 3 materials.

Adding a sell to 1 person option, just appears to be another complicated mess that will make less and less sense as we go on. It Would help our current situation, but I would rather see a real solution than a quick fix that will create an excuse to not work on the real problem.

I would suggest putting a well planned trade system at the top of the major updates list.
Seikatsukira[/size]