SS construction aids request

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

Siluroo

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:15 am

SS construction aids request

Postby Siluroo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:21 am

Request SS factory module and power station construction resources be linked to SS wharehouse as an option, so that players not need manually ferry ores to each module they are building during SS expansion, it is extremely tedious and frustrating to have to do this if you construct 50 graphene factories in one sitting. A toggle button would be nice, so that this feature could be turned on and off like u can for actual factory production

Also, different paint colors for each factory type, to make it easeir to distinguish between factory types, which would make finding and removing modules easier in future, and also make the station look prettier :P
User

Johneaux

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Straya mate

Re: SS construction aids request

Postby Johneaux » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 am

Yeah!!! It could look like a gay pride march
Johneaux
Senator - Epoch, Far Kurnell
============================
Previously known as Newuser57
Working for the interest of the common citizen since January 2013
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Johneaux wrote:Yeah!!! It could look like a [happy] pride march

I like the idea of different colors for different type of factories. Maybe match the factory color with the primary materials color used on the map overlays! Then there would be some continuity.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:19 pm

i don't know about the color scheme thing, it seems kinda weird to have multi-colored modules but I don't see it out of the question. Guess we have to wait to see what Jam says on that one or the texture artist to be more specific since they'll have to do 5-10 different textures for all the modules and then Jam will have to make the code changes to call the new textures in the code base for each module type. Depends on how much work it takes I guess.

I do however, LOVE the idea of having your SS warehouse tied to your space station so that you can pull resources directly out of the warehouse instead of hauling them back and forth between modules. I'm just starting my 10th ring which makes 60 modules so far and it does get to be a pain hauling resources back and forth between the warehouse and module construction and I can see it being kinda insane at the 99-100th ring modules. The rings are already tied to the warehouse so I'm wondering how much more difficult it would be to change the code to tie it to the SS Warehouse instead.

I like the suggestion though.!!! :D
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Postby jam » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:49 am

I can give modules their own paint scheme procedurally, like how you paint the old ship models. The stock market is done in this fashion including the extra shiny/mirror look it gets (not available for ships :P)

But I don't know about it, I'd rather leave it for "special" buildings like the stock market.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:37 pm

jam wrote:I can give modules their own paint scheme procedurally, like how you paint the old ship models. The stock market is done in this fashion including the extra shiny/mirror look it gets (not available for ships :P)

But I don't know about it, I'd rather leave it for "special" buildings like the stock market.

I was thinking just a shade of each color. Nothing real strong. It makes it easier to find the ones you need to power up and down. Core Sampling Probes, Mech/Elect Parts, and robots often need to be switched on or off when you are tight on resources. Once the interface is done to manage them all, I guess it will not matter much, but I think it would take away the dull monotone look of the SS. Once you get past 10 rings, it just all blurs together.

Shaded factories would allow some to be creative in placement too. You could spell out things on the side! Well, I just made you think this was a bad idea now! :lol:
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.