when do we get extra rings for Space Stations

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

prose

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:06 am

not Kansas

when do we get extra rings for Space Stations

Postby prose » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Jam are we getting rings for the stations or is this as far as you are going with them?
A time for every purpose under heaven.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: when do we get extra rings for Space Stations

Postby jam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:53 am

Today or tomorrow.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
no avatar
User

prose

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:06 am

not Kansas

Postby prose » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:08 am

thanks
A time for every purpose under heaven.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 am

Just an update on this:

The next update will include extensive reworking of how Paypal works, as well as premium industry functionality (starting with being able to expand your starbase). The way the code works, initially you will be able to expand to 5 rings, however I will be able to very quickly increase this if and when it is required, as the limitation is a configuration item client-side with a server side check. (server doesn't really care and will cheerfully store up to 16 megabytes of data about your starbase which would probably be a few thousand modules).

I've had a very disrupted day here today, but don't see any reason I can't get this lot live tomorrow after a ton of testing.

At the moment on test you can expand a starbase and complete the new ring bit not use it yet, and the paypal stuff is done. On test you can now choose between 1 month recurring and 3 months one-off subscription to planets, industry (starbases), and combat.

Sadly the way paypal works means I need to do the final testing for it on the live server, which may result in some disruption. Anything that affects players I will clear up manually.
...............................................................................................................................................
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:45 am

Update: on test I now have a 3 ring starbase, with an electronics factory constructing on the 3rd ring.

Tomorrow is looking good.