How to combat?

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Nick

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:49 am

How to combat?

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:12 am

How do I beat the sparrow? I've attempted to fight it until my hull integrity is <20%, yet each hit on target just says "Target shields 30"

What am I doing wrong?
no avatar
User

robbed

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Re: How to combat?

Postby robbed » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:29 am

It means that your weapon isn't doing enough damage against the shield, most likely the NPC's shield is repairing itself faster than you are doing damage do it take or it will take a long long time for the weapon's you are using to get it's shields down to a point that you will be able to get through to the armor and start actually hitting the ship. Suggest bigger class weapons or more of the class weapons you are using.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Postby jam » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:45 pm

What're you flying?

It might simply be too hard, but probably needs a tutorial. It certainly isn't easy.
...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 pm

It's worth noting that the next major patch (probably Monday night) will introduce permanent daemage, repair (Costing money or resources), ship dstruction (yours, permanent) and insurance (automatically included but compensation only).

So... the time for me to get feedback on combat difficulty and/or learning curve is definitely THIS WEEKEND hehe.

Cheers,
Jam
...............................................................................................................................................
User

Nick

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:49 am

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:45 am

Ahh ok thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since upgrades to your ship require a shipyard at your starbase, you're kinda obligated to do a fair bit of industry before you're able to really play as a combat style. I think it'd be worthwhile if some upgrades were available at public space stations.
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 am

Nick wrote:Ahh ok thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since upgrades to your ship require a shipyard at your starbase, you're kinda obligated to do a fair bit of industry before you're able to really play as a combat style. I think it'd be worthwhile if some upgrades were available at public space stations.

Definitely, and now that you mention it, it belongs on my next release plan
User

Johneaux

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Straya mate

Postby Johneaux » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:02 am

jam wrote:It's worth noting that the next major patch (probably Monday night) will introduce permanent daemage, repair (Costing money or resources), ship dstruction (yours, permanent) and insurance (automatically included but compensation only).

Cheers,
Jam

Health status!!!!
Johneaux
Senator - Epoch, Far Kurnell
============================
Previously known as Newuser57
Working for the interest of the common citizen since January 2013
no avatar
User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Postby jam » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 pm

Johneaux wrote:Health status!!!!

Live :D