Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

OneofFive - an Open Letter

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:22 am

OneofFive,

My objection is not about the renamed system, is is about your treatment of someone who was a well-loved, well-respected member of this community and who died well before her time.

While I vehemently disagree with it, what Mizuk (Mizz) did was a well planned and executed manoeuvre. It will be resolved in-game either by Mizuk realising he overstepped the mark of what is decent and renaming the system back to the original name, or by the Ascent Community getting together and redressing the situation.

The comments you made, initially, upset me enough to respond in the way I did. Your response to my post not only confirms that you do not know when enough is enough, but also confirms that you have no respect for anything, including yourself. The sensible response would be to hold up your hands and say "Sorry guys, I overstepped the mark there", but no. You insist on digging a deeper pit in which to bury yourself.

You have never been able to get your head around the fact that this is not a confrontational game; it is a co-operative game. We do not did not have Factions in this game. If you had understood the Back Story of the game, you would have realised that all the Players in the game are really members of one Faction: The Pilot Citizens. We should all be working together to relieve the suffering in the Inner systems. Perhaps you would be better suited to playing in a proper PvP environment like EVE Online or Elite Dangerous than Ascent-TSG.

If you cannot see that what you are doing is not only wrong, but is not the action of a well-mannered, sociably acceptable person, then I have nothing more to say.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: OneofFive - an Open Letter

Postby Moneyman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:13 pm

:mrgreen: None of you should be fighting .. no matter which side of the abyss you find yourself ... I choose not to be on either. :)

:arrow: I hope my up-coming thread will get ALL of YOU off this topic and into some fun for all of you. :|
no avatar
User

Gelenas

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:10 am

Postby Gelenas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:33 pm

As a relative 'noob' to this game, I've been helped by a lot of the 'old-timers'. This includes OneOfFive and various members of the 'Cartel'. And I appreciate all the help everyone has given to me as I learn my way around the game.

I frankly haven't chosen any sides in this conflict and plan to remain so.

All I hope is that this will be resolved amiably without much more of the ranting of which is going on.

Gel.
User

OneOfFive

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Postby OneOfFive » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Mooncrest wrote:I have nothing more to say.

One can only hope...
I am the beginning, the end, the One who is many... I AM the BorgImage
Governor of Borg Prime 004
Senator of Borg Subspace Conduit 007
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Gelenas wrote:As a relative 'noob' to this game, I've been helped by a lot of the 'old-timers'. This includes OneOfFive and various members of the 'Cartel'. And I appreciate all the help everyone has given to me as I learn my way around the game.

All I hope is that this will be resolved amiably without much more of the ranting of which is going on.

Gel.

:mrgreen: Terms like noob, newbie don't fit in Ascent .. just new player.

:idea: The only things that matters is you are in Ascent and we want to keep all who understand the importance of community.

:arrow: New player is an honored role .. something for you to enjoy being because it tends to be brief.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:39 pm

Moneyman wrote:
Gelenas wrote:As a relative 'noob' to this game, I've been helped by a lot of the 'old-timers'. This includes OneOfFive and various members of the 'Cartel'. And I appreciate all the help everyone has given to me as I learn my way around the game.

Gel.

:mrgreen: Terms like noob, newbie don't fit in Ascent .. just new player.

:idea: The only things that matters is you are in Ascent and we want to keep all who understand the importance of community.

:arrow: New player is an honored role .. something for you to enjoy being because it tends to be brief.

Well said, Moneyman.

Do not worry, Gelenas, this may not be "over by Christmas", but it will get resolved.
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Can someone briefly tell me what happened? All i can infer is that oneoffive seems to be defending mizuk.
Joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user ingame, ~158th registered forum account.
Discoverer of Nexus
AKA ClockworkHex
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 am

ForumBot wrote:Can someone briefly tell me what happened? All i can infer is that oneoffive seems to be defending mizuk.

Mizuk took the Sentorship in Alexas Corridor system. This was a system we had specifically set up to memorialise Alexa who, you may remember died in a car crash last year.

This caused a bit of upset, as you may imagine. Not only becuase of all the work the community put in to get the system up and running and linked to other systems, but because og the very fact that is was done to commemorate a kived and respected player. However, OneofFive compounded this disrespectful behaviour by calling into question Alexa's integrity; quoting unsubstantiated, hear-say evidence from unnamed players, who, though he claims they are still playing, have not stepped foreward to corroborate his comments. This greatly upset me and I made some criticism of his comment:

http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3262&p=27234&view=show#p27234

His responce to my criticism prompted me to post this Open Letter.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:00 pm

I have pulled the link to this thread from AscentExtras.com, because I was finally asked. I actually was not really asked to take it down, but to work at resolving things. Evidently this link is part of the issue. I am hiding it to remove some of the conflict and issues.

I now formally ask OneOfFive to apologize to Mooncrest for his mistake, real or imagined, and sharing to others that he thought his account was taken over. If he does, I am happy to add back the link to his forum shop there.

Since conversation between he and I seem to get "confused," I vow to not communicate with OneofFive in any way except on open forum. I hope this will improve the understanding and eliminate perceived manipulations and reduce misunderstandings on both sides. I am happy to talk openly here. When have I ever been slow to post to open forum? :lol:
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:28 pm

If an apology has not been made in 1 week, I will figure it was intentional and respond accordingly. Mooncrest, I will trust you to let me know if it is not done in public.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Next