Has anyone tried playing Galaxy On Fire?

If it's not about The Space Game, it goes here, or nowhere
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Has anyone tried playing Galaxy On Fire?

Postby ForumBot » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:31 am

It's a series of sci-fi mobile games. I just wanted to post it here because the third game in the series is getting released on the 8th. The first one is about doing missions and fighting pirates with a goal of exploring the galaxy, which is divided into quadrants. The graphics are pretty choppy though and it is relatively limited in things to do. It is, however 100% free as far as I'm concerned.

The second installment in the series is an open-world free-roaming kind of game with great graphics and a deep storyline. I have hundreds of hours and still enjoy it. While you can buy credits with real money (not required but speeds up gameplay), there are also several DLCs, although i'd say they are both worth it since the base game is free.

There's also an MMO game set in this universe called Galaxy on Fire: Alliances. It's mostly your typical real-time MMO. Basically another OGame clone, but it stands out from the rest in a few ways, one being that it is slightly less of a cash grab than similar games and also less limits that confine your progress (i.e there is no level cap)

The third upcoming installment to the series I've heard a lot of different things about, although i've heard that it will not be open-world like the second one but have some sort of multiplayer capability. I've also heard that it will be slightly more pay-to-win though because the devs were way too generous with the second one.

Anyways, just wanted to post here in case anyone is interested. The game is on both iOS and android, although there also appears to be a steam version, though it is more expensive.
Joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user ingame, ~158th registered forum account.
Discoverer of Nexus
no avatar
User

htmlpro

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 am

New York

Re: Has anyone tried playing Galaxy On Fire?

Postby htmlpro » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:08 am

My Galaxy on Fire 3 first impression

Let me make a list.
The good:
1.Graphics, like usual, are impressive
2.Controls are improved and work better with touch
3.Multiplayer features
The bad:
1.Online only
2.Dual currency
3.Building timers. The first item (improved weapon) you make takes 30 minutes to construct. Of course the tutorial already forces you to use the premium currency to bypass this timer.
4.Repair timers. After the first few mission I had to wait over 2 hours to repair my ship. Unless you spend premium currency.
5.Barely any voice lines. Unlike GoF2, the story feels very barebones
6.No trading
7.No mining
8.Missions feel basic and repetitive. Shoot this, follow that, fly to beacon, repeat,... There's no impact to any of it because there's barely any story.
We are a well-established PSD to HTML & Web Design company serving Web Agencies, Small Medium Enterprises, E-commerce businesses
https://www.htmlpro.net
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Isn't this a problem with Samsung phones? :lol:
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:13 am

htmlpro wrote:My Galaxy on Fire 3 first impression

Let me make a list.
The good:
1.Graphics, like usual, are impressive
2.Controls are improved and work better with touch
3.Multiplayer features
The bad:
1.Online only
2.Dual currency
3.Building timers. The first item (improved weapon) you make takes 30 minutes to construct. Of course the tutorial already forces you to use the premium currency to bypass this timer.
4.Repair timers. After the first few mission I had to wait over 2 hours to repair my ship. Unless you spend premium currency.
5.Barely any voice lines. Unlike GoF2, the story feels very barebones
6.No trading
7.No mining
8.Missions feel basic and repetitive. Shoot this, follow that, fly to beacon, repeat,... There's no impact to any of it because there's barely any story.

Agreed tbh. GOF 1 and 2 were both very good, but GOF 3 is kind of a mess.
Joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user ingame, ~158th registered forum account.
Discoverer of Nexus