User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Politics don't have to be stuffy :-P

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:46 pm

I consider the Senator who made his patronizing remark in the Politics-Open thread to be a friend and upstanding Ascent Citizen whom I respect and admire and I have no desire to cause conflict within the community.

I would just like to point out, as I have previously mentioned long ago in the forum here, that the form of Senators that are generally being roleplayed in the Politics thread remind me of a bunch of stuffy, stodgy old farts sitting around in a board room sipping brandy and puffing on cigars.

It took me a long time to get to know you all in game enough to realize that there is actually a very warm, helpful, fun-loving community here. New players perusing the forum don't necessarily get that those Senators are roleplayed characters.

Yes, debates and political discussions and polls and votes are serious business and take some work. I absolutely am fully capable of participating intelligently and, if you're all going to continue to insist on it... can play the role of Senator and be all serious and formal just as well as any you guys. I just think its a mistake to take all semblance of playfulness and fun out of it.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Politics don't have to be stuffy :-P

Postby RAM » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:13 pm

LadyHawk wrote:I just think its a mistake to take all semblance of playfulness and fun out of it.

We each can play the role as we can. You do not have to make bold grandious statements. The rules Jam set up is we talk like our characters would talk and know what they would know.

So LadyHawk would not say the game, but the Apollo Sector or such words that would be in line with what your character would know.

I can bloviate with the best of them, but grew tired of the official sounding wording and such. I just try to speak with the knowledge I would have if I was in that ship flying around.

It is called role PLAY. It should be funny, fun and silly. One person's silly is bellowing like a stuffy Senator of old. Another person's play is just trying to remember to talk like a trapped little pilot.

I just use gentle reminders to help us keep the ship guided towards role play. If someone falls short, I will not ignore their post or flame them.

Take davh, fraaggii and I. We like to poke each other in role play. We also PM behind the scenes to make sure we each know we are just goofing around.

It is like staying up all night with friends. After a while the "afraid knot" joke comes out and it just gets silly. We are kind of like that.

Feel free to poke, or, even better, play the role of innocent kind peacemaker who just wants to make nice with everyone. Or play the role of mother scolding us as we bicker and yell, "MOM! He is picking on me again!!"

Find what makes it fun for you and do not feel you have to be like us. I could not stand to be in a room with me for long. I would rather you be someone else. Makes it much more fun. 8-)
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi all...o/

uhm...was it me LH?...if so I apologize. I was remembering the last time bosh's topic on Senate Mandate was on the table and didn't want to stir it up any more than it already was, yet I wanted to express my discontent about the entire process.

Again I'm sorry. I will try to keep my thoughts to myself a little more.
fleas

...as an afterthought...I will delete my post...it didn't help anything.
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:50 pm

I would just like to point out, as I have previously mentioned long ago in the forum here, that the form of Senators that are generally being roleplayed in the Politics thread remind me of a bunch of stuffy, stodgy old farts sitting around in a board room sipping brandy and puffing on cigars.

You almost got me to a "T".
Ammendment :D

I would just like to point out, as I have previously mentioned long ago in the forum here, that the form of Senators that are generally being roleplayed in the Politics thread remind me of a bunch of stuffy, stodgy old farts sitting around in a board room sipping rum and puffing on cigarettes.
:lol:

Sorry if it's me LH.
I blame my wife's fondness of buying Shoes both online & in stores. I may need to build an extension to house them all. She will have me working to 80 to pay for them all at this rate. :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Awww, now I feel bad...it wasn't either of you, Fleas and Davh.

I just got all huffy when Moon replied to my whine last night by more or less giving me a pat on the head, and I know he meant it in a kind way. I just put a few battles I'm having in RL with sexist males get the better of me here.

I do know what role playing is and if I've just been too lazy to make my own Senator character amusing or at least interesting...that's my own fault.

My apologies!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:27 pm

LadyHawk, please, lease accept my sincere apologies.

Having reread my post I now see how it seems to be patronising.

I do assure you that it was not meant to be and I am extremely sorry that it caused you upset.

I have edited the post to remove the offending comment..
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Its I who owe you the apology, Moon...I was just being testy and ill-mannered.

You have always and will continue to be a friend and player whom I hold in high regard here<3
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:21 am

Thank you for that, LadyHawk, but you were correct in what you said.

I, also, have a high regard for you and like to think of you as a friend.

Again, I am sorry I upset you.