User

Sinstrite

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Sin's Videos

Postby Sinstrite » Sat May 31, 2014 9:42 pm

Last edited by Sinstrite on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 18 times in total.
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Re: Sin's Stuff

Postby ForumBot » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:59 am

Sinstrite wrote:
Macker Momo wrote:Why not create a thread and update when new videos come up? It's easy to click on "view new posts" at the top of the forum.)

I figured I'd give it a go. I'll update each time a new video is released. I also want to make use of the thread to add some ideas I've discussed before and may come up with in the future.

Ascent The Space Game - Introduction 1 of 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pfvt0kwM5M

Ascent The Space Game - Introduction 2 of 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCw-Kwr064

Ascent The Space Game - Introduction 3 of 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0draxXkpPr4

Ascent The Space Game - Introduction 4 of 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJMKTonzN8I

Ascent The Space Game - Introduction 5 of 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPpqRzjzh04

Ascent The Space Game - Registration Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31I1GS_2xE

Ascent The Space Game - Locating Deep Six

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx85IxsHO7c

I checked your channel, and what about your more recent KSP videos?
Joined on May 6, 2014
Formerly known as newuser12980
Discoverer of Nexus
User

Sinstrite

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Sinstrite » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:05 pm

I only made one or two KSP videos I think, but haven't been motivated to make much more because I haven't really thought of what would be enjoyable to play and for people to watch. One thing that's tough about KSP when it comes to doing a series or something is the time needed, from making ships and testing them, to just getting things right like docking or landings. I have no idea how many hours I've spent developing good VTOL planes capable of space flight xD

Honestly though, I wouldn't want to start something and not stick with it, and outside of that area I really have no idea of what type of KSP video to make.
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Sinstrite wrote:I only made one or two KSP videos I think, but haven't been motivated to make much more because I haven't really thought of what would be enjoyable to play and for people to watch. One thing that's tough about KSP when it comes to doing a series or something is the time needed, from making ships and testing them, to just getting things right like docking or landings. I have no idea how many hours I've spent developing good VTOL planes capable of space flight xD

Honestly though, I wouldn't want to start something and not stick with it, and outside of that area I really have no idea of what type of KSP video to make.

I said KSP? Oh. I meant Ascent :oops:
Joined on May 6, 2014
Formerly known as newuser12980
Discoverer of Nexus
User

Sinstrite

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Sinstrite » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Ah, it's all good lol. Well I've got a whiteboard in my bedroom that I've been planning on, and have been talking with Macker Momo about what videos to make. I'm working on getting together an interview with Jam to ask some questions and get some information that will hopefully bring some new people in that view the game as just an EVE ripoff. I'll be working on making some more guide videos like explaining research, starbases, pve, planetary interaction, etc... general things I see people ask questions about these days, or things that capture interests. I'll update this as each video is released, but I just finished classes yesterday as well, so I only now have some time to get new videos up, but they'll be here soon.

I really hope to get the ability to remove the UI because I have plans for a "movie" series, but I need better visual options, and the ability to disable UI is a must ;)
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks for the videos sinstrike, the deep 6 one especially came in handy several days ago when I was just starting out on that mission. I knocked it out except for getting the money/HD part in a very short time.
User

Sinstrite

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Sinstrite » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:46 am

Starbase guide video is up.
User

Sinstrite

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Sinstrite » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:55 am

Been busy trying to get a few videos together last week and this week in anticipation of the Steam release. So far, I've put one out each day and plan to continue. It's more of a Let's Play series on a new account, and I've been experimenting with how to keep it as interesting as possible (there are pretty grindy parts as a new player). I don't plan for these videos to get a lot of traction, but I do plan on once the Steam release hits, new players will see these videos, and have the capability to make their own - and do so - thus expanding the game popularity.

I was working with a bad mic for the first three episodes, and got a cheap $15 one that sounds a bit better for the fourth. I'm trying to cover mostly everything that a new player may have an interest in, but also trying to keep it somewhat entertaining. Eventually, I will hit a point when the new account will be doing mostly the stuff my main account does.

At this point, I wonder if it would be more logical to switch back to my main or to just get the premium and build up the second account side-by-side with Sinstrite. Any feedback would be most appreciated, I'm mostly doing all of this blind and with little experience. This is tough to make a continuing series with, as the time needed to progress is long, but I'll try and make it work!
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Sin's Videos

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:58 pm

how bout a what it takes to make / build a ship video...meaning where to go to get the bp's, how to get them, salvaging and then how to use your starbase to start the build process and produce your first new shiny ship in your ISB to sell or switch and use it to go do some combat or something if you make it a combat ship etc. Give the player a feel for what they can do as an industrialist shipbuilder account. I have a 2nd account that that's all he does grind out ship parts and research.
User

Sinstrite

Rank

Commander

Commander

Re: Sin's Videos

Postby Sinstrite » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Agamemnon wrote:how bout a what it takes to make / build a ship video...meaning where to go to get the bp's, how to get them, salvaging and then how to use your starbase to start the build process and produce your first new shiny ship in your ISB to sell or switch and use it to go do some combat or something if you make it a combat ship etc. Give the player a feel for what they can do as an industrialist shipbuilder account. I have a 2nd account that that's all he does grind out ship parts and research.

I'm going to do exactly this, but I want to make sure I build myself up step-by-step first so the player will know what they need to accomplish before ship building. I just now started a mech and ele factory today, so in the next few episodes I'll be teaching how to salvage wrecks for BP's and how to research them up and then construct a ship! I'll also tackle colonies and OSB's as well, I just want to do it all in the right order, the one a new player most likely would realistically :]
Next