User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: GREENLIT

Postby rmartz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:29 pm

It has been 2 days since the release on Steam. I have felt emotions well up several times. I have been concerned about Jam since the kickstarter. Many of you my have sensed a focus from me. It kicked in at the kickstarter with the first gate. I love the game and wanted to do all I could to help make someone's dream come true. Many of you were feeling the same way. I was not alone or did anything no one else did. We all collectively decided to become something special.

Two things are special. One, we have a dynamite game and a really good developer who listens and tries to make a fun game. It is so nice to see him listening, responding, and engaging with us. I love watching the game grow. Things are often not the way I would do. I soon am glad because Jam stays connected and focused on his overall vision, yet listens and shapes it with our input. It can be hard to be one against all of us. We can often come at him like we attacked those gates. Jam and George, you are not our antagonists, but we own you as part of us.

This takes me to the next thing that I think makes this game special. The community. Well done all. I read through some reviews last night. The comments about the great and helpful community came up over and over. Jam made something he did not realize. He made a structure that we have built an awesome community with. Agememnon's jokes about RAMpedia was so far off(but kind of true :lol: ). I can barely get a word in because so many are doing such a wonderful job being hosts to all our new friends. i have been so proud of us. We have stepped up in a way many are seeing and commenting on in the reviews. We have done wonderful jobs of giving hand ups not hand outs. Directing, informing, but not over giving which takes away the fun challenge early on.

My biggest concern is the need for a time stamp in chat. Okay, that was a joke for Jam. The early days, we kept asking for this. There would be hours between posts. We often would answer a question just to find out it had been posted 8 hours before and the poster was long gone. Now, I am very pressed to keep up. I know some questions are getting missed. It is harder to communicate between ourselves right now. I do not want anything to break up one of the best things about the game, us. So let us keep working at staying connected. We are much stronger combined then our individual totals. It is this strength that is and will get us to repopulate the galaxy. I feel stronger now than ever before. Our brothers and sisters of Earth, today, I can truly say with confidence, we are coming home.

Mother, I WILL find you.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Re: GREENLIT

Postby Wulf » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:20 pm

yep it's fantastic the surge of new players, bit intimidating docking at vulcan yesterday, wasn't sure there was a bay left that didn't have a turtle parked in it :D

I would like one thing, as i was posting go to the wiki for map and this sin's video covers the initial registration etc. one asked if there was a link in-game to those..

maybe a link in-game to those two locations? perhaps a link via the steam/ascent game?

cann't copy and paste chat so it is difficult to post it there and new players able to link straight to it...

but seems to be going extremely well...good luck
Previous