User

Madjax

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:02 pm

STREAM!!! GOGO TWITCH!!!

Postby Madjax » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:03 pm

I know as the developers you are busy making a great game :) But once a week schedule a Twitch.tv stream, get the player base to advertise it. While streaming some game play talk about what you have coming soon and have planned for later. Talk about the state of the current game, player base, etc... Perhaps offer rewards to other players for streaming the game, and or offer known players that have been around awhile time slots to stream the game on the companies channel.

I say this because usually when I am looking at buying a new game I do look at comments and reviews, but then I goto twitch to see the game in action being played live so I can ask a few questions etc... Right now the game has ZERO presence on the biggest free advertisement medium out there right now.

On a sidenote: Had the game for 5 days now, so still learning EVERYTHING :) But the community is second to none and the game just gets better.
User

Gax

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Re: STREAM!!! GOGO TWITCH!!!

Postby Gax » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:34 am

I have thought about streaming a few times, however I'm reluctant to do so for a few reasons.

I'm not a professional streamer by any means. I'm part of a gaming community that have been together for about 15 years and I sometimes stream so they can have a look at what I'm doing.

If I decide to go mining then I'm leaving myself open to the prom thieves. I had two systems with 3 week old proms growing in them which had disappeared when I checked on them last night, so we know there are people jumping around active players fields. It's probably the same people who never talk in chat but stalk it for bargains and post high resale values.

If there was a way to prevent this then I wouldn't hesitate to stream. I don't chat on stream or film myself I just show the game play. As mining is a large part it would seem silly to have to cut the stream off just to protect your fields.
User

Prolapser

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Postby Prolapser » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Have to be honest; the current user interface is too terrible for streaming. With fading text, bad contrasting, messy menus, and an eye-straining font which went extinct in 1985, I can't see a stream being anything more than an agonizing show. I am still concerned that showing the game to the public at this time would drive more people away since the space game competition is so much better with presentation. I still play for the functionality, but one day I would love to log in and play for visual enjoyment.
User

Waervyn

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:06 am

Finland/Denmark/Netherlands

Postby Waervyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:19 pm

I also think the game would be fairly boring to stream to be honest.

There's a couple of things you can be doing:
-building up colony
-mining
-trading
-building a ship

Not sure if any of those would make for interesting gameplay for others to watch, but then again, I never watch Let's Plays, so maybe I shouldn't be the one to comment here!
That said, don't let this stop you. If you want to stream, definitely stream!
Want to learn about ants? Visit my popular science blog Antyscience!
My Ascent: The Space game tutorial series. Send me a PM for suggestions!
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Lethal Rose was streaming on twitch here an there last I saw he was still working on his colony stream but haven't jumped back in on it in a few weeks to be honest I've been rather busy myself playing.

As for streaming I have a twitch and the ability to stream I've just not around to it yet, even have a channel set up for Ascent I just haven't had the time, to many other elements going on and not enough time in the day.