Waervyn

Rank

Commander

Commander

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:06 am

Finland/Denmark/Netherlands

Re: Current state of the game and company, July 2015

Postby Waervyn » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am

Very nice writeup Jam! 5 euro for the subscription sounds good. It's cheap enough that on the forums we can still say 'Hey, this game subscription is waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the competition!', while still giving you almost double income from subs.
Want to learn about ants? Visit my popular science blog Antyscience!
My Ascent: The Space game tutorial series. Send me a PM for suggestions!
User

DeimosCentauri

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:36 am

Colorado, USA

Postby DeimosCentauri » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:16 am

The direction for dog fights seems very interesting so far. If I have my brain wrapped around the general concept so far. That is...I like this idea of the box representing sides of the shield and being able to cripple those areas hoping to land a more critical strike the next time I hit one of those damaged shields areas. If this is not the case...either way...the combat so far is looking good.
“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Postby Leprosi » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:29 am

that is all well and good but I cannot even play.... i logged in for abt an hour game crashed....now I canno log in and play without a crash.
Leprosi

Senator
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Postby Leprosi » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:10 am

still...krash
Leprosi

Senator
no avatar
User

claybaby

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:44 am

Postby claybaby » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 am

I was on the fence about this game and saw the steam sale, so I did some research about this game. The ridiculous console commands
and dome numbers are a complete turnoff. I would not play this game if it was free with this nonsense. That is part of the problem with tiny dev crews: Horrible UI and absolutely the most amazingly bad ideas make it into the games.

:lol:
Last edited by claybaby on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:04 am

claybaby wrote:I was on the fence about this game and saw the steam sale, so I did some research about this game. The ridiculous console commands
and biome numbers are a complete turnoff. I would not play this game if it was free with this nonsense. That is part of the problem with tiny dev crews: Horrible UI and absolutely the most amazingly bad ideas make into the games.

You can speak for yourself,, and that is okay, but you can not speak for the thousands who have played it and found it enjoyable. It is not a game for everyone. That is okay too. I hope you find something more to your liking. I have played for 2 years and still enjoy it.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

phantum

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Ft. McMurray Alberta

Postby phantum » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:09 am

claybaby wrote:I was on the fence about this game and saw the steam sale, so I did some research about this game. The ridiculous console commands
and dome numbers are a complete turnoff. I would not play this game if it was free with this nonsense. That is part of the problem with tiny dev crews: Horrible UI and absolutely the most amazingly bad ideas make it into the games.

Perhaps it's only a problem for those with an intellectual quotient too low to handle such things... it's one of the things I absolutely love about this game!
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:39 am

claybaby wrote:The ridiculous console commands
and dome numbers are a complete turnoff.

Kind of agree with this. They take way too long to type for every individual dome command. Making a single dome habitable is really painful to do and honestly I get burnt out horribly if I try doing more than 10 domes at a time

claybaby wrote:That is part of the problem with tiny dev crews: Horrible UI

This apparently isn't Jam's fault, cause he's supposedly currently looking for a UI artist.

claybaby wrote:absolutely the most amazingly bad ideas make it into the games.

Not bad ideas, just implemented not very well. (bug infested to the point where it's unusable, etc. Good example of this is the hawk ship)

phantum wrote:Perhaps it's only a problem for those with an intellectual quotient too low to handle such things... it's one of the things I absolutely love about this game!

Ok, looks like claybaby is now unintelligent due to having a different preference than you.

Don't want to take sides or anything, just wanted to get that off my chest.
joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user, ~158th registered forum account.

Discoverer of Nexus

So far has made a total of: ~5 quitting threads and counting!
User

phantum

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Ft. McMurray Alberta

Postby phantum » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:25 am

ForumBot wrote:Ok, looks like claybaby is now unintelligent due to having a different preference than you.

Don't want to take sides or anything, just wanted to get that off my chest.

The console commands aren't rediculous by any means. They're easy af to figure out, and the documentation on them is all in the wiki. You should try play games that actually have console commands.... some of them can be quite grueling to get through and figure out. the only thing grueling about this game is the colony planning, which isn't as bad as it used to be.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:43 am

phantum wrote:
ForumBot wrote:The console commands aren't rediculous by any means. They're easy af to figure out, and the documentation on them is all in the wiki. You should try play games that actually have console commands.... some of them can be quite grueling to get through and figure out. the only thing grueling about this game is the colony planning, which isn't as bad as it used to be.

And some cool awesome player made this dynamite Dome Control Program, that all you have to do is plug in two numbers, and click twice. The rest is all done for you. How much easier does it need to be?
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
PreviousNext