User

SmokeyKilla

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: Current state of the game and company, July 2015

Postby SmokeyKilla » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:43 am

As I have just completed some level designs and 3D models for 2 projects I now have a lot of spare time. I am quite happy to donate my time developing a new GUI interface for Ascent. I sent a PM months ago to Jam but never got a reply. It could save Jam and George a lot of time and money.
no avatar
User

eagleowl

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Postby eagleowl » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:51 am

Being one of the people who can't use paypal (due to not having any form of photo id),I welcome the prospect of being able to pay through steam.
I make no pretense of knowing the details of processing payments,but if necessary I would be willing to pay a surcharge for paying through steam.
I love this game,and firmly believe it is massively underpriced for the amount of content it currently has.
Jam,you're a genius-hire an assistant the second you can afford to!
"I'm convinced there is intelligent life in the universe-it's simply too intelligent to come to Earth"-Arthur C. Clarke
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:54 am

eagleowl wrote:Jam,you're a genius-hire an assistant the second you can afford to!

I thought I was his assistant? :lol: ;)
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

Absynthe2k5

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Postby Absynthe2k5 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Greetings,

Some friends and I have been looking this game over. I won't lie I scour through reviews for games in early access now before spending money due to the sheer amount of games out these days that I paid for that have stopped development.

I passed over this game and went with Elite Dangerous (please don't stop reading) because we felt it had more to offer. I had been dead set on your game due to the vast expanse of explorable space reported. I went with ED mainly because a friend had it already and acted as if the downgrade in grapghics wasn't worth it because it too has 300B stars to explore. I argued that you have planetary landings, ED will also have them soon. Also ED has Wings so we felt hmm we can team up and play together whereas this game doesn't offer that. Our collective first and foremost criteria is a game that will allow us 5 to play together (and upwards of a dozen of us if we like it really well) Second would be good AI to fight, 3rd is longevity which I think you have, 4th would be PVP. I saw that this is a PVE based game but heard you can pvp and if you can say do a corp/guild war and challenge other guilds or enter a battleground or have a couple sections of space where it's "lawless" but not twist the game around it then it would be adequate.

We are all long time Eve veterans and have been there and done that from BoB to Pandemic Legion to the Best wormhole corps. That said we are sick of the constant douchery in Eve, getting suicide ganked and extorted for money be it hi sec mining or small wormhole groups. We also want to be able to "fly" a ship and ED did give us that BUT ED has the worst grouping function ever and since half of us are Aussie and half American we rarely get to form wings. We played for 3 weeks and already own end game ships and are rank 5 for our powerplay rulers. At this point I kind of want to ask for a refund for ED because it just doesn't deliver in the multiplayer department as advertised. I say this because from what I understand so far your game offers no ability to "team up" BUT it would also seem that many of the bad review issues on steam have already been rectified which shows super promise in my eyes that you may have added or intend to add corporation type functionality and we can team up and share resources to work towards our group goals. I don't know how your AI stacks up but if theres even a slight challenge it would be great. We want to shoot stuff as well as mine/farm/explore. Be it spaceships or AI bots on the planets.

Sorry this is long winded but I see some of your lists for things to do and where you stand money wise and I felt obligated to reply. I think your idea of selling ships for funding help is great but also see what appears to me as a sales blunder. First thing I teach my sales force is that the big ticket items are not your bread and butter. Your toilet paper cheap but needed items keep you in business. In that regard why not try and add some cosmetic based items, decals, paint kits etc. Lower your ship prices a bit and you will get more sales. I also understand people think it's P2W but you have to become profitable to live right? I totally agree that raising your subscription is the way to go, 5 dollars a month compared to 15 which is the norm for ANY MMO is super cheap. I could run 3 accounts for that price and be super happy. The hardest part of cash shops and micro transactions is keep them fair for the folks who can't/won't pay extra. I am a super fan of cosmetic/minor power purchases. Stuff that doesn't sway the game by buying it is A+ and will possibly allow you to grow.

As far as your UI I am a coding idiot (and still managed to make custom UI's for Everquest emu servers that people adored) but I am sure you have players in your fan base that could mod phenominal UI's for free. Look at Everquest and all the free UI's the fan base put out. Same with wow and most other games. Fan modders are the bees knees and it gets valuable work done for you at no cost just because your players love your game as much as you do. Same with your chat system, get some ideas from your players offer a bowhead to the player/players who come up with the best chat system and poof you got your shit for nothing. throw them some recognition in the credits. If I had more time to look at things with you (sorry heading to turkey day dinner) I could help you with marketing to a point and give you pointers on items you game should have as a base when compared to other games. Sure you don't have the budget of the AAA titles but there are just certain things you have to have in an mmo these days to even hope to gain more of a player base. Customizable UI is the number issue players have with every new game because everyone sets their stuff up differently. Ease of chat, yes it is tedious especially when most games these days have a dedicated voice server you can join to talk with players but it's still needed :(

In the end I am going to purchase your game from steam just because I am quite interested to see where this road leads and to be honest I have wasted so much money on crap alpha's via steam at this point that it hardly seems fair to not give you a chance when it's obvious you are pouring your soul into this game. I have always wanted to create a game and have the idea just not the ability to make one of the best MMO's in history (I have played most every major mmo that has pvp ever put out). Kudos to you for having the courage to tackle this largely by yourself.

Anyhoo good luck and maybe ill see you in the game.

Kegstand Mcfarland
User

Johneaux

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Straya mate

Postby Johneaux » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 pm

rmartz wrote:PLEASE!

Sell ships. (Sell the Bowhead before cl 14 ships hit).

add OSB hospitals (you know I just had to add that)..

Having played World of Tanks where a premium tank is $100 cash to purchase, I don'see an issue with charging $100 for the bowhead
Johneaux
Senator - Epoch, Far Kurnell
============================
Previously known as Newuser57
Working for the interest of the common citizen since January 2013
no avatar
User

Arcturus

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Asgard System

Postby Arcturus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:08 am

Johneaux wrote:
rmartz wrote:PLEASE!

Sell ships. (Sell the Bowhead before cl 14 ships hit).

add OSB hospitals (you know I just had to add that)..

Having played World of Tanks where a premium tank is $100 cash to purchase, I don'see an issue with charging $100 for the bowhead

I do, buying and game and then having loads of DLC, buyable ships will scare away potential buyers.
Previous