User

jam

Rank

Developer

Developer

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

MassivelyOP Article

Postby jam » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:56 pm

...............................................................................................................................................
Thanks for playing, thanks for posting, and thanks for your feedback!
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Re: MassivelyOP Article

Postby ForumBot » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:15 am

Just a suggestion, you should make a stickied thread for you to post MassivelyOP articles related to Ascent like this one.
joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user, ~158th registered forum account.

Discoverer of Nexus

So far has made a total of: ~5 quitting threads and counting!
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

South Korea

Postby BoshingTong » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:18 am

Saw it and I think most of the comments are off base. You did a great job being an outside third party reviewer.
Owner of Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority (BSFA)

Senator of Logopolis

Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs

TG member
no avatar
User

garion333

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Postby garion333 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:51 pm

Fwiw, the articles on Massively are how I discovered this game and why I've now purchased it.

I had read an earlier article, but the Star Citizen one is what got me to give the game a real looksee. I figured I should bump this so you had some idea of where I was exposed to the game.

I'm also friends with Brian @ Space Game Junkie, so he also helped me be aware of the game.
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:49 pm

garion333 wrote:Fwiw, the articles on Massively are how I discovered this game and why I've now purchased it.

I had read an earlier article, but the Star Citizen one is what got me to give the game a real looksee. I figured I should bump this so you had some idea of where I was exposed to the game.

I'm also friends with Brian @ Space Game Junkie, so he also helped me be aware of the game.

Well welcome garion. I watch Brian's tube vids all the time.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Provision-Senator of Barons Rest-Senator of Menzel3-Senator of Titan
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:28 pm

welcome aboard...I actually posted some information about the formation of our own galactic senate in game by the playerbase outside of the constructs and mechanisms of the game itself, but i don't think bree or those guys posted anything about it. I never did hear back from them...come to think of it... :?
User

wingtip

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Postby wingtip » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:02 pm

I jumped on board with star citizen purchasing a ship/game package back in 2012 early on in development... the game was slated for release in full in 2015....here we are 2016 and numerous setbacks and people are just losing interest... its like standalone dayz.... its been in alpha/beta FORRRRREVERRRR and people were getting frustrated for numerous reasons but the last nail in the coffin for me was the announcement their considering dumping everything they already built to switch to a new engine.... which would mean another few years of development... at that point I said see ya!...
im almost to that point with star citizen.... I also during all the stretch goals kept saying stop adding more future content until you get current content up and running.... like stretch goal #4 ($4million mark) I think was the starfarer ship.... sure, great announcenment, great idea... but they kept shoving fighters through the pipeline and all this other stretchmark crap and it was like 60, 70, 80 million before we even saw a concept drawing while other features were pretty much fully developed.... I haven't been to their forums in close to a year and I bet they still don't have a starfarer hangar ready let alone flight ready yet.....

I really hope they can pull this off with a massive economy and job market (much like I wish ascent would as well) cause the problems with most game economys theres just not enough different things to do.... right now in ascent you can farm, mine, or build that's it.... ya we have some new things like tobacco and cigars... but that's just the tip of the iceberg..... people want TONS of variety... but more than that we want whats already in game to function properly and be useable.... right now colony and isb functions/controls are horrid.... but I realize its a small team and those features are still possible... whereas the cig team is just spending money like its going out of style with all these fancy offices they keep upgrading, all the business travel, all the hardware for the offices and employees, the unimaginable fees for mark Hamill and other top notch voice actors they've used and are using....

As far as im concerned its just ascent for now till star citizen (persistant universe) is released and even then ill be pretty skeptical...
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:52 pm

HEH, No Man's Sky will be out before Star Citizen at this rate... :mrgreen:
User

Kambalo

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Postby Kambalo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Yep in 2 months will be out
Seek and ye shall find.
The Master
no avatar
User

psylem

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:44 am

Postby psylem » Fri May 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Awesome article. I always just assumed they spent all the loot on web developers and fancy CGI promo videos. The problem with the project in my mind is the risk is low and the scope creep is insane. It'll never deliver.
Next