User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Ideas to bring new players to Ascent

Postby rmartz » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:43 am

wingtip wrote:maybe instead of coming up with more new things to add to bring in new players we fix a lot of the old things to RETAIN players... I haven't played in probably a year except to come online and update my subscription every few months...

There is wisdom in your words, ole wise one. Must be those pointed ears.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

BoshingTong

Rank

Commander

Commander

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 am

South Korea

Postby BoshingTong » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 pm

I am all for selling planets or moons.
Owner of BSFA (Bosh Survey & Freightage Authority)
Senator of Logopolis, New Dawn, Babylon
Governor of Poosh, Tigland, Prime Sun, Babel

Mayor of all BSFA Colonies & OSBs
User

SoulHunter

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Postby SoulHunter » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:02 am

I'll bet most people here have Facebook and/or Tweeter accounts. Should drop some good promos on there.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

Postby ForumBot » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:26 pm

SoulHunter wrote:I'll bet most people here have Facebook and/or Tweeter accounts. Should drop some good promos on there.

There's probably not many people here that have big enough twitter/facebook accounts to really bring in any new players.

EDIT: it seems like Ascent is also starting to gain players again.
http://steamcharts.com/app/345010
joined on May 6, 2014 and quit on January 3rd, 2016.

Officially the 12980th registered user, ~158th registered forum account.

Discoverer of Nexus

So far has made a total of: ~5 quitting threads and counting!
no avatar
User

Chewy

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Postby Chewy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:34 pm

I think some kind of mission based content (to be created) included in the advertisements would be a good idea, it would look more appealing to potential new players.

Is there a Facebook page for Ascent? sharing one with players friends would help to spread the word of what a great game this is!
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Novicius wrote:I believe it could be against the mission of the company, yet I strongly believe this game need some human faces...

1. to show off
2.to create competition ( as you will soon know some racial and national tensions are already in chat), I have seen that so many times before. Create fake attachments. Ceresians,Vulcanists,Apolloistics... make story behide it.. by doing clans you avoid ppl creating their owns
3.MY DREAM = to see human face in coms =his avatar = (privateer 2 style/ bleary) - amazing experience and motivation to see guys who work so hard to develop new worlds
4...a bit of music and fun in "graveyard" of entertaining center
5. My pilots.. NPC with a face and a story......... community can be extremely helpful once you do coding {i know}

:mrgreen: Luv the image & to hear from you. I'd suggest that everyone get forum avatar images THEN find out if Ascent wants to be Facebook.
no avatar
User

SMedium

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Postby SMedium » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:07 pm

I have an idea an Eve Online uses this same feature, buddy invite rewards. If we as players drop an invite via referral link and they buy the game, we get a free month of premium or whatever you as the Dev decides to award. Also i like the salvaging for blueprint fragments but implementing a system to where us players can sell a blueprint that we have already researched/add them on market, might improve new players joining. I also think that a button in game for creating clans/corporations/alliances might bring people that love groups. I'm trying to give ideas that doesn't make you drop the price of your game and make you take a direct loss of income but you have to remember that mmo gaming has a lot of college and high school players that may not have the funds for games with subscriptions. I found this happened in EVE more that one may think. Twenty dollars and a three dollar subscription is hard to keep up with if you are on a budget and paying rent at that age. Remember what we made per hour 15-30 years ago? I'd also make it more clear on Steam that we receive 3 months of premium free when the game is bought and that a subscription is offered to increase starbase and colony content but not required for casual play. Now to speak of advertising, you can get free advertising all day every day via the internet. Take full advantage of Twitch, Youtube Live Stream, Twitter and other internet media to make this happen. Hey maybe even delegate one or more of the Vets that really understand the game to be an online media source for the game, like Ascent TV (podcast). Hype Ascent like they did No Man's Sky, hell you can do more in Ascent than in that $60 waste of hard drive space. While in podcast or livestream do giveaways. One youtuber that many think is a joke but has awesome content and info for the games he streams is Markee Dragon on Youtube. His streams are 3-8 hours in length. He does giveaways and awards that lead to the giveaways when people suscribe to him. The difference in what you would do is the face of the show is a representative of Ascent the company and not him/herself. Just ideas, maybe they are good, maybe you have thought of them already. If I think of anything else I'll post again.
User

Greydog

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Postby Greydog » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Archeage makes a ton selling Apex because they allow it to be sold in-game for those who can't or wont spend cash themselves. That could bring in needed revenue for advertisement. (Apex = SC's)

Streamers do well on other games because they're combat related. While we may get some excitement out of finding a new field or an old one that hasn't been hit in a year, I'm not so sure viewers would get the same excitement out of watching us do it. If there were more combat related missions and quests, that could generate something that a wider audience may want to view. Prizes for watching could help as well.

What is needed is exposure. The question is how do we get that?

One option could be that if we have any good writers among us, they could write stories and/or reviews to post at various gaming sites.

A referral program is a great idea as well.

An active website is a good way to keep people here once they've popped in to have a look. One of the first things I look at when scoping a new game is how actively helpful the devs are. It doesn't help when they don't bother to post for long stretches. I realize Jam is the only dev but if he wants this to succeed it's up to him to do the driving.
I plan on living forever ...so far so good!
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:12 am

Greydog wrote:One option could be that if we have any good writers among us, they could write stories and/or reviews to post at various gaming sites.

Click the RAM Memories link in my signature and tell me where to post it.
Check out RAM Memories.
PreviousNext