User

Greydog

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Re: Ideas to bring new players to Ascent

Postby Greydog » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:05 am

rmartz wrote:Click the RAM Memories link in my signature and tell me where to post it.

It's a very good read (I'm on ch4 ) You certainly are a talented writer.

I was speaking more in the line of an article explaining the lore and how the game got to the setting your story takes place in. Or maybe a synopsis on the game and it's features ..maybe a review. (unbiased if possible)

As for where to post it, I'm not so sure on that. We would need to do a little research on gaming sites that allow thier members to post that kind of content. Of course as the developer, Jam would have a better chance of getting it in somewhere with good visibility.
I plan on living forever ...so far so good!
User

CrazyMiner

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Fri May 05, 2017 3:47 am

Re: Ideas to bring new players to Ascent

Postby CrazyMiner » Fri May 05, 2017 5:08 am

I see this was already mentioned. But this game should have it's own TeamSpeak 3 Server(s) Start with one. 50 people. if it does well then increase cap-size. There is not a lot that needs to be done to start increasing A stronger player base. There is a lot of things to get people's attention. Create a contest. get people in game on the forums and in other social media avenues, Such as FaceBook, Twitter - Hashtag/Ascent -The space game-Ship Contest. The one that wins gets the first ship that they Designed plus something else like some rare modules for creating something like the big ships. you want to create more Revenue ?? then create a small in-game store, sell more ships, not the ones being built by players. these need to have something extra to make it worthwhile buying. create Flags that can be posted on the bases to show who they belong to. Allowing each owner of these enormous flags to have avatars added to create an in-game database with many Pictures to choose from IE: Colors, different pictures like skulls and daggers and well you get the point. There are so many ways to grab new players and to keep the ones we have.
Previous