gabeux

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Lost in deep space

Hello from me

Postby gabeux » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Hey everyone. I'm the dude who've been typing a lot on the chat in the last few days! :lol:

I usually play a lot of different games and usually drop them.
But real life will prevent such a crazy habit soon, so I'm trying to find one I can settle in.

I came back to Ascent 3 days ago, I believe, and the community has been really receptive and fun. I first found Ascent back in 2013 and played for maybe a week, so I simply started over. It's really cool to see how the project is coming along.

I'd really like to thank everyone who's helping me out with tips and tricks, especially Leprosi and stagc2002 who've been pretty much mentoring me. :D

Hopefully I can help people out, once I'm settled.
Thanks, and see you in-game!

PS: I'd suggest creating an "Introductions" section of the forum, so members can easily slide in to forum life. :P
no avatar
User

donga

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Re: Hello from me

Postby donga » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Hello gabeux and welcome back
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:13 pm

o/
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Game activity

Postby Moneyman » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:08 pm

Compared to BSG = Battlestar Galactica this game has a tiny player population.

James Hicks needs to support the Wiki website and forget pathetic Steam.

Only players united is this going to happen - Too political a statement.
Wish I knew about Wiki a week ago - the Steam IE link breaks easily.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: Game activity

Postby rmartz » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:08 pm

Moneyman wrote:Compared to BSG = Battlestar Galactica this game has a tiny player population.

James Hicks needs to support the Wiki website and forget pathetic Steam.

Only players united is this going to happen - Too political a statement.
Wish I knew about Wiki a week ago - the Steam IE link breaks easily.

The wiki is player supported. Always has been. Part of the game lore. It is up to us to rebuild knowledge and civilization.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Had some help from Bozack selling my Hornet - main problem was including a comma in the sell price.

Has since sold Sparrow for 22.5k and Unicorn for 81k just to get rid of them.

The Wiki is good but my 'Place a ship Sell Order' file is better since it makes less assumptions about what the reader knows - i.e. it is kinder to Rookies (Still am, of course).

I needed Bozack's help because the Wiki misses a few things that are not obvious to a Rookie.

The game must think I still own 5 ships so won't offer the Squid even though I have the $3M price.
User

Agamemnon

Rank

Captain

Captain

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Moneyman wrote:The game must think I still own 5 ships so won't offer the Squid even though I have the $3M price.

Complete misnomer, the shipyards are completely randomized for what ships are being sold and their prices fluxuate greatly (as far as random as a computer can get that is) and change on the 15, 30 and quarter til the hour at each station.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:57 am

Been buying from Leprosi - just bought a Mammoth - intend to upgrade thru Leprosi.

Creating guide files as I learn the game - latest: 'Place a ship Sell Order' = 203k, 4 pages, 13 image insertions.

My thinking: Help future Rookies with Wiki download files - an offline guide strategy.

I use offline files in :mrgreen: just about everything I do - makes Civ II a lot more fun to play.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Moneyman wrote:Been buying from Leprosi - just bought a Mammoth - intend to upgrade thru Leprosi.

Creating guide files as I learn the game - latest: 'Place a ship Sell Order' = 203k, 4 pages, 13 image insertions.

My thinking: Help future Rookies with Wiki download files - an offline guide strategy.

I use offline files in :mrgreen: just about everything I do - makes Civ II a lot more fun to play.

Sounds great. There is a wiki game thread here for us who work on it. Post links to the files there and I will work to get the info posted there. The challenge is the wiki does not have a site to host downloads, that is one reason everything is just kept within the wiki itself. I have places to host downloads, but they are not "official" game sites, just my sites I use. So we would have to discuss the idea of downloads, but I would love to get the data up to the wiki. I will be hitting it very hard next week (I hope and plan) and would include it then. Some people are cautious with downloads since many can contain a virus. Your preference may not be others. Having them available both ways may be preferable.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
no avatar
User

donga

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Postby donga » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:00 pm

hahaha plop

oh my head just fell off.