How did you find Ascent?

Discussions of sales, marketing, offers, word of mouth techniques etc

How did you find the game Ascent?

Google, Yahoo, or some internet search (what you were searching for)
37%
Steam Search (please post what you were searching for)
33%
MassivelyOP review
No votes
Scott Manley review
No votes
Another review (please post details)
No votes
Facebook (How did you find it?)
No votes
Facebook Ad
No votes
Kickstarter
4%
Referred by a friend
11%
Other (Please give details below)
15%

Total votes : 27
User

Spectre

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 am

Re: How did you find Ascent?

Postby Spectre » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:13 am

Steam search for space simulations. Went thru quite the list to select this one.

Glad I did.
Senator of
Spire Redguard
Fireside Alexandria
Provenance Ebon
Omega Prime

Member of TG, MG, and the Dark Calling
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:14 pm

:mrgreen: Consider forumbot's thread at http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3310.

:arrow: Recruit new players by advertising Ascent's forum link in successful online platforms.

--- :idea: Word-of-mouth works best .. use Ascent's online forum to begin the conversation.

:arrow: Focus on maintaining human contact once the game's been purchased by a new player.
User

delfromanc

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Georgia, USA

Postby delfromanc » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Was a while back but I'm pretty sure it was a news story on the Sydney morning Herald that peaked my interest and I tried it out, liked it, and stayed.

Delf romanc
Romanc Mining Company
======================
M*&@#!$*
Just Keep Pounding away.
User

Kheben

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 am

Postby Kheben » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:08 pm

not totally shure, but i think it just happened to be among my steam suggestions right at the top.
I caught on because of the music beeing similar to Empyrion but then decided to give it a try, as there is no pvp.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Those who haven't voted yet, please do. This info is vital to help market the game further.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Dirk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Among the Stars

Postby Dirk » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:50 pm

I was searching Steam for space games that did not require the reflexes of a bloody Ninja, I am after all 69 years old. :oops:
I also wanted something that would allow me to own and build a colony all my own.
EVE did not work for me, I am not interested in making enemies, I am a builder, not a destroyer. Mild PVE is ok for me, as it is me against machine, not real people. I very soon drift away from a game that is too difficult for me to progress, as I said, I am no lightning fingered Ninja. :roll:

Ascent has a great deal of what I was looking for, and is the only game I have been playing since last August.

JAM ..... please don't quit.

Dirk

PS. sorry I posted late, but the game takes most of my attention.
PPS. Hope you all had a merry Christmas, and have a great New Year.
Senator of Mara, Shangri La, Unicorn and Griffin
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:29 am

I was searching Steam for space games that did not require the reflexes of a bloody Ninja, I am after all 69 years old. :oops:
I also wanted something that would allow me to own and build a colony all my own.
EVE did not work for me, I am not interested in making enemies, I am a builder, not a destroyer. Mild PVE is ok for me, as it is me against machine, not real people. I very soon drift away from a game that is too difficult for me to progress, as I said, I am no lightning fingered Ninja. :roll:

Ascent has a great deal of what I was looking for, and is the only game I have been playing since last August.

JAM ..... please don't quit.

Sorry, above was quote from previous post by Dirk, and I am a complete failure at using the 'quote' option here LOL

I feel exactly the same way, Dirk! There are a couple of ways you may be able to help.
...Join the GoFundMe Campaign, posted in this forum, if you can help with some $$$ for advertising and to support Jam's efforts.
...Join in with the ingame chat, to welcome and help out new players. With more activity there we help to create a warmer, more
inviting atmosphere to help build the community.
User

Dirk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Among the Stars

Postby Dirk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:01 am

LadyHawk wrote:I feel exactly the same way, Dirk! There are a couple of ways you may be able to help.
...Join the GoFundMe Campaign, posted in this forum, if you can help with some $$$ for advertising and to support Jam's efforts.

Unfortunately money is tight and work is scarce for a Techie my age, plus the Rand==>Dollar rate is not nice. So the way I try to help is by building a number of colonies (I have 8 at the moment) hoping that the Stellar Credits I need to buy will help Jam.
LadyHawk wrote:...Join in with the ingame chat, to welcome and help out new players. With more activity there we help to create a warmer, more
inviting atmosphere to help build the community.

I will eventually join in with the chat, when I feel that I know enough to help the new players. At the moment I lurk the Chat and learn from your posts and those of the other experienced players.
Thanks for replying to my post, and be assured that I will eventually become more visible as my confidence in the game improves. :D
Senator of Mara, Shangri La, Unicorn and Griffin
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:17 am

Hi again Dirk :)

Totally understand the shortage of $$$ and you are absolutely correct in that buying more Stellar Credits is also helping.

I also understand the hesitancy to join in chat if you feel you are too new to be able to help, but even just saying 'hi' and
joining in giving Ram a hard time about his bad jokes, etc. adds to the warmth and sense of community here.

I don't mean to pressure you though...and we're glad to have you here! Did you know there are a whole bunch of us in your age
group? :D
User

Dirk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Among the Stars

Postby Dirk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:03 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Did you know there are a whole bunch of us in your age
group? :D