User

Veladre

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:58 am

Re: Excuse Me, Jam?

Postby Veladre » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:12 pm

People keep making excuses for Jam but it literally takes as LH stated minutes to throw a quick post up or respond to PMs. I run a small service company myself and can well remember the tough few years of getting things built up to where you can actually pay your bills. The first rule in ANY business is that you do your best to take care your existing customers because they are your bread and butter. Intro/Extrovert is really just BS because if you are running a business you have to do things that you may not want or be comfortable with doing for the sake of keeping things going. The fact that he has been silent and ignoring the frankly best community of players that i have ever seen in an MMO because he is "too busy with PR" is just stunning to me since they are what is going to keep your game alive. MMO's live or die by there player activity and community, you lose that and your game is a ghost town that nobody wants to play, just look at entropy on steam.

Actions speak louder then words...hell, we aren't getting words though either so if he actually wants to keep this thing that he has dropped his life into then he has a really odd way of showing it. Customer retention should be paramount in his thoughts right along with getting in new players or he is just running a scam because the game needs continued development.
no avatar
User

Veladre

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:58 am

Postby Veladre » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:21 pm

As to advertising, this game is not hard to find at all. I ran across it years ago while just browsing steam using a "space" search and have had it pop up in lots of searches. I got worried the first time i read Jam's state of the game from March of last year i think and there was never any follow up saying different from him. I sent him a PM a month ago and still havent been responded to yet.
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Veladre wrote:he is "too busy with PR"

it is not that he is too busy for us. I try to scan the forums for him. Hubes and I will let him know if there is a big issue. This lets him use his time on other things. He watches the bug reports also.

A Forum PM is not a good way to contact him. If you have issues, support@fluffykittenstudios.com is the proper way to contact him.
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Veladre wrote:As to advertising, this game is not hard to find at all. I ran across it years ago while just browsing steam using a "space" search and have had it pop up in lots of searches. I got worried the first time i read Jam's state of the game from March of last year i think and there was never any follow up saying different from him. I sent him a PM a month ago and still haven't been responded to yet.

It's not about it being easy to find. My companies are easy to find, but only if the correct audience is looking or if I'm advertising correctly. Promotion of a product is two pronged. To capture those who are looking & to captivate those that aren't. I'm certainly not looking to make any excuses for anyone. What I do no is this. The first rule of business to remain viable.

Regarding your other post.-
Remember that you can always get hold of Jam on IRC. If he's not there leave a text. I have always got answers there even if sometimes protracted. We all lead busy lives it is not for us to judge others priorities. I would also like to see Jam more often, but I'm enjoying the game & that's enough for me.

I wouldn't go to the local grocers buy a lovely juicy tasty bunch of bananas & then get annoyed that the owner was never there to accept my comments.

Enjoy the bananas!
:D

* My post is- Not ranty, not intended to cause offence, just an opinion & thus worthless.

https://www.dal.net/ for irc client

input your nick then add channel #thespacegame
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi all...o/

I have stayed out of this conversation to give myself some time to re-process this topic...and since I don't actually have any responsibility in it...to watch the wonderful discussion that has taken place...but here's a fleabrained perspective.

I remember my early forties. I was a late bloomer so midlife set in about that time and existentialism became priority one for me. I have had a few years since then to observe others life experiences during different stages of life, and I believe that there is much more going on than any One or 2 of the definitions that are given in these posts, which, although accurate, will not, imo, resolve the issues that face our genius dev.

I think Jam should take about a month, leave everything as it is at this moment, and go fight a crocodile with a stick.

That'll fix everything wrong with the world...lol

We are, as has been stated, a very intelligent bunch...but I think sometimes we miss the beauty of the Outback for the ugliness of some of it's termite mounds.

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Fleas, good to hear from you but I really disagree.

I think termite mounds are quite wonderful and beautiful.

The rest of the stuff I agreed on, but it is not fun arguing unless you got something to disagree with. 8-)
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
User

Novicius

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:39 am

NOVA, NEO, JULIA

Postby Novicius » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 pm

1st. if I would be Jam I would not bother to read so much text.

2nd. I agree that this is a game like any other game you pay for so players have right to usual game service.

3rd. Jam life is not my concern or imo should not be a concern of any other player.

4rd. I just like the project so I will invest in it.

5th. If this game cost 5 then i will buy it to all my friends for "christmas" and they would buy it for their friends and so on.
DAIMON DEUS ALEXIS CAPS NOVICIUS IMPERATIVE...
"I am NOVA",senator of NEO,MINERVA and TIN TIN, imperative of N-Spire force, CEO of Bank of NOVA

"I have a dream..."

MM "You can be fun to read"
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:46 pm

Novicius wrote:1st. if I would be Jam I would not bother to read so much text.

2nd. I agree that this is a game like any other game you pay for so players have right to usual game service.

3rd. Jam life is not my concern or imo should not be a concern of any other player.

4rd. I just like the project so I will invest in it.

5th. If this game cost 5 then i will buy it to all my friends for "christmas" and they would buy it for their friends and so on.

:mrgreen: These recent posts are a bit of ganging up on V .. In my early days, I had the same experience.

:idea: Before criticizing Ascent, however, V should take a close look at many of the comparable Steam offerings.

:arrow: Compare Empyrium and Space Journey: Pathetic compared to Ascent.

:arrow: V, be kind to JAM. Although its his own fault, JAM has painted himself into a corner.

:idea: The paint is never is never going to dry. :(
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Postby rmartz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Moneyman wrote: :mrgreen: These recent posts are a bit of ganging up on V .. In my early days, I had the same experience.

:idea: Before criticizing Ascent, however, V should take a close look at many of the comparable Steam offerings.

:arrow: Compare Empyrium and Space Journey: Pathetic compared to Ascent.

:arrow: V, be kind to JAM. Although its his own fault, JAM has painted himself into a corner.

:idea: The paint is never is never going to dry. :(

It is a rare person that has great design skills and great business sense. Most of the best ideas in the world crashed because the inventor/developer could not turn it into a business. Often, some business savvy person would come behind, buy the idea for fractions and make millions.
Check out RAM Memories.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:40 pm

:mrgreen: You are right RAM. For us, there are plenty of fish (games) in the sea. JAM's role is Atlas.
Previous