HaroerHaktak

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:31 am

Anybody still play this game? ^-^

Postby HaroerHaktak » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:39 am

Hey guys and girls!

I was just curious if anybody still plays this game? I am a very old returning player, although I hardly played when it first started, I still remember playing tho.

If you do still play, perhaps you could get in contact with me and we can maybe play together? Or at least communicate so it doesn't feel so empty?

Maybe you can teach me some stuff? ^-^
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: Anybody still play this game? ^-^

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:49 am

Hi Haktak,

Yup, still playing as are a few more of us. I'm not doing much recently, but I am still building ships for those who need them.

I'm a bit like the guys from Golgafrincham...

However, if I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Blake Mooncrest
Proprietor, Mooncrest Industries

Senator for Elfydd, Newydd Cymru, Otturet, Ceredigion, Llandysul and Llanrhystyd.
Mayor of all MI Facilities in the Miners Paradise system.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:02 pm

I still play daily. Often late morning EST or evenings EST.

Just because chat is quiet, doesn't mean we are not there. I often run quiet while moving iron for gates, or mats to the Local Markets.

Hope to see you in space.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

HaroerHaktak

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:31 am

Postby HaroerHaktak » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:23 am

Hey.

Could you please add me on steam for easier communication? http://steamcommunity.com/id/Unknown45/home

I have a few questions.
1/ Can NPCs use warp drives now? Have they been updated?
2/ What is the largest ship NPC's can fly?
3/ How hard would it be to get into the game and start producing jump gates?
4/ Could I use bots to do so?
5/ What happens if I accidentally warp drive to a system that has no gates? (or is that simply not possible?)
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:51 pm

HaroerHaktak wrote:1/ Can NPCs use warp drives now? Have they been updated?

Nope. No warp drive. They spend 15 minutes in each system they have to travel through. 15 minutes at each location they stop at.

HaroerHaktak wrote:2/ What is the largest ship NPC's can fly?

Class 15 Leviathan.

HaroerHaktak wrote:3/ How hard would it be to get into the game and start producing jump gates?

It takes most at least a couple of months to build a colony large enough to be able to supply a gate. Gate size (materials) are dependent on the distance.

http://gate.ascentextras.com/

HaroerHaktak wrote:4/ Could I use bots to do so?

Bots are not allowed. We can use NPC to haul mats to the system, if it is already connected by gates. Then we can easily fill the gate from an in system OSB or colony.

HaroerHaktak wrote:5/ What happens if I accidentally warp drive to a system that has no gates? (or is that simply not possible?)

You can Jump through a gate and the other side is not finished, so you could not get back without a hyperdrive. If this ever happens, you go to the Map page and Emergency Jump. This will bring you to the Ceres SS. You can then fly to where you need to go.

AscentExtras.com has multiple links to information and tools. Charts.AscentExtras.com has a lot of open asteroid fields already charted along with tens of thousands if planets sampled and logged.

Hope that helps a little. If you can not get answers in chat, feel free to ask anything here. Many of us check the forums often and can answer. We don't mind. We know there is a lot to learn. It looks like a simple game, but when you start exploring and developing, you find there is a massive depth to play. Lots to learn and remember. I fall short on that remember thing.

I hope you will come to enjoy it as I have. Peace.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories